Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford 38 pickup seen nnl east 2011

Hi, here's my latest creation to create the NNL EAST 2011, I wanted to make

different custom .... Here's my version I hope you understand my translation. ;-)

First step chop top 2mm. Keeping the rear window to keep a fluid line, I often noticed a chop top on the rear window and really, it's too small ... I add the card to plastic 2mm above the roof. I then regrooved the entourage of the glass with my dremel gutters redone in plastic card.

Fordpickup19397-vi.jpg

I sanded all the bodywork, walking legs, wings front and rear tipper, side gates, a large smoothing!

I then glued all the component parts of the hood. it was from that moment that I "cut" part of the body so that the chopsticks come to the height of the bucket

I started to sculpt my wings before adding the evergrenn. My idea down the skirt, remove the brackets and bumper and lower grille angled

Fordpickup193921-vi.jpg

I appeal to the dump, which was stuck to the car by removing spaces. I wanted it to be wood (mahogany model ship) and head exposed screws (pin). First stage removal of plastic, creating welcoming wood beams which, by the way you see the hole for future wheels. Later I added the plastic card to redo the panels of the bucket.

The wings of the bucket were lifts, walking foot elongated, the rear when he has received letters create plastic card. The panels of the bucket were extended to their peak for Aligned plastic card in the cab.

Then hours of sanding and finishing red, the bodywork was "Channel" to accommodate the chassis. It has been elongated and reduced in height. Note I cut the floor to pass the cabin. Then painted black, nothing special

the interior has been cut to reduce this height, the seat has been changed (box a refill) and the set was painted in black, flock etc. ..

Fordpickup193974-vi.jpg

The hue and a mixture of pearl gold metallic red and purple pearl. If you look at my Phot, I made the mixture into the pot the rest of my mercury 49 SW (Gold)

all was polyurethane varnish, no sanding no polishing was necessary. A little bare-metal, tires modelhaus wheels (Ford 49). I used the dog dish of 37. The headlights were painted the body color, yellow bulb. For tail lights, I removed the original media, and I create queue iron. Juice in the shell, etc. ... feel free to post questions, and complete the WIP on my fotki. plate holder in the bucket and the frame. Place the final picture.

Fordpickup1939122-vi.jpg

Fordpickup193997-vi.jpg

Fordpickup1939102-vi.jpg

Fordpickup1939108-vi.jpg

Fordpickup1939109-vi.jpg

Fordpickup1939113-vi.jpg

Fordpickup1939121-vi.jpg

Full wip on my fotki

That is SWEET!!!

Your Fotki album provides many images of NNL East 2011 that others did not, thank you...I feel like I was there.

It looks like you have many big name car model guys as your Fotki "friends" as well.

Nice that you could go and be a part of it all.

WOW, that's amazing! I love that look. Color seems to be just perfect, and paintjob is awesome. Chop Top and all other modifications, you have done are made really nicely. Wheels and tires are looking good, so is the interior. This built is simply outstanding, that wooden bed looks just like 1:1! ;)B) B)

Thank you for the feedback.

Beautiful work. Yellow headlight bulbs? So, once upon a time this truck was used in France?

yes, old cars, have yellow bulbs. I dream that I drive on our roads. In terms of models, I like this detail, which gives life to the car.

Your one of my Buddies over at the HUB. I guess I missed this Great Looking Build over there. Clean work and it turned out Really Sharp-Really like the color choice and the lowered stance. The bed looks fantastic-very realistic. Your work paid off ten fold.