Model Cars Magazine Forum

peterbilt 377 a/e

here is the work i just did!

modified the oil/water lines for the 3406 cat motor to hook directly up to the radiator from the kit!

DSCI0563.jpg

here is the modification of the cat motor parts shot

DSCI0561.jpg

and the radiator all prepped to accept the tubing from the cat 3406 engine!

DSCI0560.jpg

comments and criticism welcomed! B)

Question : Can anyone identify the 2 typing error's i made here ?

Edited by bandit1

Sean,looking good

thanks man!

does anyone know of anywhere that offers decals to mark this cat motor? i know there is a company that did decals for a resin c series motor but im wondering about a 3406? (mainly for detail decals of a cat 3406) im still trying to figure out a paint solution for it to. also have the battery boxes painted ill install them when its dried and touch up the paint a bit then we will go who knows where after all this mess! :lol:

Making decals for Caterpiller anything is like playing with fire. There is a resin 3406E out there, but it doesn't come with any decals.

i know at least i saw something for the c series but 3406...??? i just want to try to detail this out a bit just for kicks! :lol:

Who made the C-Series decals?

like i say i dont know who did them but i saw them on a c series kitty cat in i believe... now dont hold me to it.... i saw it in kurts pete 357 triaxle dumper truck he build back then! so if i were you i would get ahold of kurt and just ask him?

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Update:

Got air duct piping routed...just needs trimmed and needing to clock turbo and do the waterlines then i think i can start priming everything for paint!...WHEW! :P i cant believe im getting this close to paint!...i need to find some cat yellow for the engine and the perfect shade of red for the truck! :blink: but right now i cant do anything much else until i get new blades since i snapped my last one in the process of cutting the turbo off the motor so i can clock it! :huh:

update pic!

DSCI1165.jpg

Comments and Criticism welcomed!

• 1 month later...

Update pic comming soon! (soon as computer uploads pics)

Ok...here is the air ducting and water lines i made from an old paper clip...i made two sets...one for this one and another set for a future 377 build that im going to build a dumptruck triaxle ...now to stregthen the bends to where they wont come undone and drill some holes so i can start painting while finishing up the turbo....Anyone have another 3406 kitty motor for me to modify for my future project?...will trade a 60 series detroit!

DSCI1352.jpg

If you have access to a TSC they have equipment yellow which is the exact same as cat yellow. Are you using a cat engine or just the kit motor because thats a detroit. Sorry if youve said this before.

Chad

huh?...dude you may want to go through my thread here...im putting a 3406 in it!...forget the kit "Detroitapiller"!....im also going to get another 377 kit and build a dumper with...so thats why i am making two of every part i need!....

Tsc- tractor supply comoany....

Equipment yellow....cat yellow....

Why I said " sorry if youve said this before. Ill not comment anymore dont worry good luck with your build.

Chad

Tsc- tractor supply comoany....

Equipment yellow....cat yellow....

Why I said " sorry if youve said this before. Ill not comment anymore dont worry good luck with your build.

Chad

actually i like comments on my builds....if you just read through it a bit you will find out what i am planning on things though...just fyi,,,

• 8 months later...