Model Cars Magazine Forum

Why are builders using the term kit bashing?

The fact that this has 3 pages is retarded. Who cares? Getting defensive and arguing about something so petty is ridiculous.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to scratch paint my model bashed Mustang II street rod touring dragster. :lol:

Whose opinion are you calling retarded?

Besides, these are models. What does timing have to do with anything? There is no 1/25 scale gasoline to run them on.

There's another old term from the model RR days, kitmingling, means the same thing, never really caught on, and I don't like it any better than "bashing". When you build a 1:1 hot-rod out of unrelated, junk-yard parts, it's not called car-bashing or junk-bashing.

Edited by Ace-Garageguy

This is a kitbash...

IMG_0304_zpsf7079a00.jpg

002-4.jpg

IMG_0305_zps8a53f33a.jpg

IMG_0309_zps505a8b2a.jpg

I used the JoHan Heavenly Hearse, the interior parts, and custom body parts from a JoHan '66 Cadillac convertable kit, the steering wheel from the Elvira '58 Thunderbird kit, added the tubs, tires, and rear suspension from the Revell '67 Chevelle Pro Street, the wheels and front tires from the Revell '55 Pro Sportsman.

that is one sweeeet kitbash :D