Model Cars Magazine Forum

Life on the line...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, it's pretty easy.

Log into Photobucket, then go the the album where the pictures are that you want to post. Once you get there, hover your curser over the picture you want to post. When you do that, you'll see a drop-down menue that has several different links. The one you want is at the bottom of that menu, and it the "IMG code". Place your curser over that link and LEFT click. It will then say "copied". Come back to the Forum, and paste that link into your post. You will ONLY see the link code, not the picture at this time. Hit enter a couple of times to put a line space below your link, and do it for your next photo. Once you have all of the pics you want, post as you normally would, and you pictures will be in the post so you can see them.

Hope this helps.

d7e49e29.jpg

Transmission Station...more signatures

d3b5e8b8.jpg

the other side...

b1f080c7.jpg

Yes...this is inside the bell housing!! I do not know how long Dave's name would last...but he definately left his mark!!

219450a7.jpg Engine Prep...my station...to the right you can see the rack that I would rest the motor/trans on while draining the oil.

Edited by dieseldog1970

822b7a77.jpg

Every motor that was very last one for that series, I would write the day of install.

e8bb7e09.jpg

One of 5 signatures for me on the truck, years of service and employee number.

ab45f869.jpg

Myself, John and Terry who dropped motors.

a7a99a3c.jpg The tombstone for "Angie"

Edited by dieseldog1970

211dc4e4.jpg

As the engine is getting installed, prep for fuel tanks is started. You can see how empty the line is back through the cool down booth, under normal circumstances, it would never be that bare and quiet.

26a2c372.jpg

Cab and Sleeper drop.

8bc27e5c.jpg

Bolting everything down...

a81cda9b.jpg Hood drop...

Edited by dieseldog1970

7baaa34d.jpg

Out in the daylight for the first time...

96075a14.jpg

"Angie" and myself....

c34bd226.jpg This sign was above the Tool Crib, one of the painters did this up after JD Powers rated us NUMBER 1 AGAIN in customer satisfaction, making it 4 years in a row...and we were shutting the doors...!!???

Edited by dieseldog1970

Show trucks...every year, the orders came through and we built whatever was called for. Back in 1986(?) they had a show truck that they gave away (called the Midnight Star?) through some promotion at the truck stops. I was told this thing was ALL black, except the tanks, mirrors, bumpers...whatever was usually chrome was powder coated gloss black. Interior was done up in some sort of tan leather from England(?), Brazil(?) and was the only one ever done. The guys who worked on this, said it was a very sweet looking truck...not sure what ever happened to it?

Found this yesterday in Gary Mortons collection on Hankstruckpictures

file0002.jpg

I've been looking for a pic of that truck. I remember when it was touring the country and all the ads in the magazines. If I remember right at the end of the tour they give it away in a drawing. It was pretty unique in those days now the blacked out look is common at truck shows. Would love to know the story on this one. Italeri's Heritage kit might be the base for a model of this special star.

Wow talk about a tear jerker :'( great stories sad ending! Not many people get to of had a job that was as full filling as your. I know it was an honor for you. W.S. was your extended family and I'm guessing it felt like someone died in that family when that last truck rolled off the line.

Edited by mnwildpunk