Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Revell '32 Ford 5-window coupe

Just paint them with a brush and Polly Scale white. No brush marks at all. Been doing it for many many years.

010-vi.jpg

DSCN0057-vi.jpg

Lyle...same experience here....I've done this with Tamiya Flat White bottle paint and a brush....plus there is a natural seperation line on the back side of the Revell big'n'littles so you don't really need a circle template....this is what I did on the '56 Ford "Ranchero" that as in Scale Auto or Car Modeler a number of years ago....TIM

Tim, thanks for all you do! It's nice to have a way to see what's coming for those of us that can't make the IHobby shows. Looks like a nice kit, much nicer than I imagined. I wish the headlights were like the ones pictured in previous photos. I will still get one of these kits no matter though.

Here's something I'm wondering now ... where might Revell go next with the '32 Ford series?

Personally, I'd love to see a B400, but that might be a little to esoteric a choice for the mass market. A phaeton? A Vickie? A sedan delivery?

I'd be in for any or all of 'em! :rolleyes:<_<

Any or all would work for me...esp. the B400..such a cool bodystyle.

Guest Davkin
After looking at the box art pics, I'm wondering if it's gonna be possible to use the hood sides if one uses the Hemi ... looks to me like it'd be veeeery snug fit!

I would hope not since it can't be done on a 1:1 without blisters to clear the valve covers at the front. If you can put the hood sides on then Revell either made the hood too wide or the engine too small.

David

Guest Davkin

Actually, the Model A and '32 Ford suspensions have little in common. The AMT '34 Ford suspension would be much closer, though not as well detailed.

David

Here's a photo of the new interior....DSC_0046-vi.jpg

Note the new upholstery which is even engraved on the backside of the firewall that faces the interior...the Piston topped shifter....the '40 Instrument panel with choice of three decals for the gauges....the '40 Ford steering wheel....

So far, so good. See next message or website link for a photo of the new engine components, painted and detailed...

Real Time Build of Revell '32 Ford Five Window Coupe

...and here's a photo of one of my favorite parts from the new engine option....it's the nicest valley cover I can ever remember in a 1/25th scale kit....extremely thin casting (just like the real thing), beautifully shaped and engraved....DSC_0062-vi.jpg

At the link there is a photo of all the new engine parts, painted and detailed but not yet assembled....thanks for looking....TIM

Real Time build of Revell' new 1932 Ford Five Window Coupe kit

First off, i just want to say thanks to Tim for giving us the inside scoop and great pics of this kit.

Secondly, I'm stoked for this kit. i didn't initially think I'd buy more than a couple sedans at the new high price, but I can't stay away from it with all the new updated parts they threw in it (thank you Hobby Lobby for those 40% off coupons!) I'm sure it will be the same way for me with the 5window. Great move by Revell for including different parts than the ones from the sedan. they could have easily tooled up a new body and interior and left it at that and still sold a ton.

Now, here is my wish for the next kit in this series. Issuing this kit this way would ensure multiple purchases by builders because of the kitbash possiblities:

Closed cab or roadster pickup. Hopped up 50's olds engine(Caddy, Chevy and Buick have all been treated to new tool versions from either AMT or Revell, now it's Olds turn) traditional rear suspension, Guide or E+J headlights and wide 5 artillery wheels. 2 carb setup for the 5.0. And, of course, the wide whites from the "Rat Rod" series. I know, tooling costs money, but with these parts9especially a buggy spring suspension) they would sell a ton, don't you think?

Sure is frustrating that the manufacturers leave us factory stock builders out in the cold.

Meh. The AMT '32 has been reissued so many times, so there are plenty of kits out there that can be built stock. I've built a couple of them, they look fine to me.

Edited by Rob Hall

Craig I like how you think! I'd prefer a closed cab '32 pickup but I'd buy the open cab too! And as for the Olds, it's the only traditional hot rod engine that has not had a modern tool up. I'd like an accurate Y-Block too, but the Olds was in a lot more 1:1 rods.

Meh. The AMT '32 has been reissued so many times, so there are plenty of kits out there that can be built stock. I've built a couple of them, they look fine to me.

So, you think that we fs builders have no rights to want a new tool fs version? Screw you.

So, you think that we fs builders have no rights to want a new tool fs version?

Please, cut out the drama. It would be nice to see a new stock '32, but it's not going to happen, at least from this tool. Revell obviously intended this to be a street rod only tool, since that is where more demand is (and sales), they probably assumed that AMT had the stock version market covered. You can't always get what you want, that's just life.

Edited by Rob Hall