Model Cars Magazine Forum

Well, if you don't want to send it to Joe, you could send it to me. It would look good pulling my Galaxie trailer! :lol::lol: On the serious side though, are you planning a small race team with it? You could paint it and the trailer to match the car if that's the case.

I started messing around with the interior with a fine red Sharpie. Came out like a burgundy, so I thought I'd go with a Purple Metal Flake on the exterior. Hope to start painting tomorrow. Still gotta get some burgundy flocking for the floor.

AK000011-10.jpg

AK000010-11.jpg

AK000012-6.jpg

None of the test shots I did with the Purple Metal Flake came out the way I thought (although they are some nice colors I may use on other builds). I decided to go with this. It's Burgundy Red Metallic over Fire Red.

AK000010-12.jpg

I've put 3 coats of primer on this thing so far and the Maroon is still bleeding through. I'm bout to call it a day and shoot the red over it anyway.

That is a tough one to paint. I have one I did several years ago in silver. It came out a beautiful, very pale metallic rose color.

Kilz (at Lowes/Home Depot type stores) has a white spray primer that is supposed to block bleeding pretty well. I haven't tried it on a model yet, so I don't know how much detail it will bury. I've heard it should be shot with an airbrush to avoid those issues.

Well, the Burgundy Metallic was a little messed up, but I figured I'd stick with it, BUT, the clear messed up on me. So, since I gotta strip it I'm gonna go with a different color.

O Dang, I was looking forward to see it.

Can't wait to see the other color it's gonna be.

The new color will be Stop Light Red Metallic over Fire Red. Because of the humidity I can't get it sprayed right now. My only choice is to paint late at night, so I could have it done in a couple weeks. This is a sample of the color, can't really see it very well, the sun isn't shining today.

AK000010-13.jpg