Model Cars Magazine Forum

1958 Lincoln Continental Convertible

Ramfins59

I started work on this Modelhaus resin kit that I picked up from them at the NNL East show last April. It is painted Duplicolor Twilight Blue Metallic, clearcoated and polished.

1958LINCOLNMODEL1024x763-vi.jpg

1958LINCOLNMODEL21024x755-vi.jpg

While Modelhaus' bodies are usually perfect, this one had a few issues. I'm thinking that either the master mold is getting a little "long in the tooth", or, there were some small air pockets trapped. The top surfaces of both the hood and the trunk had small divots sort of like a rash or pock marks. I filled them in with putty and primer and sanded it smooth as best I could. Other than that all is good.

Next will be doing the BMF trim work, and working on the interior bucket and dashboard. I'll be flocking part of the interior and adding door handles. I want to try using some PE electric window switch pieces for the first time. Those pieces are REALLY TINY and it should be fun trying to bend them. I know that I'll definitely be using my Optivisors for that chore.

Thanks for looking in on this. Comments are welcomed as usual.

Thanks guys. I'm hoping that this comes out OK. I've also painted a Modelhaus '58 Mercury Parklane convertible, and a built-up gluebomb of a '58 Imperial. Those won't be put up in Workbench threads until I finish up this Lincoln.

Unlike Porschman Al Maeske, it'll take me a little more than 3 days to finish it :lol: .

Thanks a lot Carl. When I was searching for Google reference pictures for this car I came across the following picture which really "lit the fire" for this car. Although I'm building a convertible instead of a hardtop / sedan, this picture really did it for me.

1332883129-vi.jpg