Model Cars Magazine Forum

I decided to keep the Syclone in black but I used HOK black sparkle pearl to cover it. The grill was cut out and replaced with mesh. The original area for the taillights was filled and I moved the light to the rolled pan. I used Rustoleum Texture paint for the sprayed bedliner look. Other than those modifications, it's pretty much out of the box.

001.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

Great build ruined by kit fitment issues. It seems like every build I see, including mine, has issues getting the body cladding and the bed to sit properly. It doesn't help that fitting the cladding involves a bit of guessing. :rolleyes:

Paint color and finish is excellent, the taillights are an interesting touch, and the bedliner certainly adds to the realism!

Great build ruined by kit fitment issues. It seems like every build I see, including mine, has issues getting the body cladding and the bed to sit properly. It doesn't help that fitting the cladding involves a bit of guessing. :rolleyes:

You definitely have to mock up or dry fit the cab parts, bed, and chassis before installing the cladding permanently. Fortunately, Monogram designed he kit so the bed and cab will align even if it's just those two assemblies being fit together.

Looking at the tonneau cover, it looks like Jim's kit had some warpage issues not related to fitting the cladding, though.

You definitely have to mock up or dry fit the cab parts, bed, and chassis before installing the cladding permanently. Fortunately, Monogram designed he kit so the bed and cab will align even if it's just those two assemblies being fit together.

Looking at the tonneau cover, it looks like Jim's kit had some warpage issues not related to fitting the cladding, though.

True it probably is mostly the cladding that's the issue, though it also seems that many have issues getting the front grille/hood to sit properly as well.