Model Cars Magazine Forum

Western Star Constellation truck

WS trucks are so varied there are many good projects to build. As far as were they are built everbody is right my two 04s were built in Portland my 2000 was built in Kelowna BC. Some production was moved to Freightliners South Carolina plant and sadly some has moved to Freightliners Mexico facility. WS started in 1967 as western version of White to become a high quality Canadian product and ended up part of the Daimler empire. Still they are a good truck able to withstand Aussie conditions. As a side note the Heritage cabs were made in Orrville Oh. that little town so famous for truck cabs.

The hood on the Italeri Constellation WS was a short-lived offered by WS. The design quickly changed to the more traditional hoods. The kit hood can be still be seen on the road from time to time, but there weren't a lot of them built. I wish Italeri would have waited a year to develop the kit as WS had the traditional hoods in production by then. A resin caster in Australia casts some nice traditional hoods, but they are the Aussie versions. With some gentle modifications they could be built as the north American WS's.

Tim

thanks for that info,I didnt know they were that rare.Why wouldnt they reissue the other one?

yeah i saw that episode that was pretty nasty!! Maybe he should clean his truck at least once or twice a year?? That had to have stunk.

Just shows what kind of O/O he is.I know those trucks take a beating but no excuse for that.

I havent seen it yet,we in Canada have to wait to the 29th for the season to start.

Rick became ill this season - caused by (so goes the plot) by an infestation of deer mice in his truck. The truck had to be cleaned and sanitized by a

clean-up company. It really was filthy. When they pulled the mattress out my first thought was "they shouldn't have put that on TV."

I have seen all that is available of IRT and I often wonder what is real and what is just a plot made by the TV director´s desire. No offence, but some guys appear really stupid. I would kill the TV guys if they pictured me that way. Unless they pay me pretty big money. Sorry fot the OT.

I also didn´t know that WS are no longer manufactured in Canada. The world is changing all the time.

the other day i had a chance to sit in a 05' ws constellation4964,everything was big on er the hood was tall wide long, cab was roomy,good roomy bunk,id never give up drivin a pete but i was highly impressed with the ws. dash seemed a bit cheap..may have to model the newer style ws someday what a beauty!

That's what I like about WS and why I owned 3 of them is the room. Seems like all trucks Pete and KW included are getting cheaper built seems to be a trend in general with everything these days.

All the cheap feel of todays trucks is what O/O's hated about ford and GM tractors back when they were around.Now there is no choise

• 1 year later...

I saw quite a few 5000 series Western Stars in Florida during the early 2000s. The were used to haul reefers.

Auslowe offered at least two conversion kits. The 4964 FX Visibility hood for the original Italeri 4900 kit and the 4900 EX for the Constellation kit.

30wvz2u.jpge9dp2f.jpg

:huh: Is there any way I can JUST get the GRILL??? :huh:

I saw quite a few 5000 series Western Stars in Florida during the early 2000s. The were used to haul reefers.

Auslowe offered at least two conversion kits. The 4964 FX Visibility hood for the original Italeri 4900 kit and the 4900 EX for the Constellation kit.

30wvz2u.jpge9dp2f.jpg

Just the thing to get my interest back into that 5964 kit...