Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford F350 SD by Meng

Just finished up the 1/24 scale 2010 Ford F-350 Super Duty pickup kit, built as a Delaware State Police Truck Enforcement Unit. They have at least one of these, but their's is an F-250SD with a bed cover, otherwise the same. I did have a few issues with the build, but nothing major, sort of on par with the other builds so far. I built this one pretty much box stock, except for adding a police radio/switch set up to the interior and the decals and light bar outside. I also "de-chromed" the front grill and both bumpers, as the DSP truck runs that way. I had one major screw up in building it...I messed up on side of the pick up bed and had to re-paint it. I didn't strip it, just sanded and re-shot some more blue on it. Well when I put the bed on, it was definitely a couple of shades darker than the cab...BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH metallic paint, the more you shoot it, the deeper the color gets. Its not so bad in the photos, but you can see it in person. I might buy a second kit and re-do the bed, as the next one will be a cab/chassis with a custom body. Anyway, here's some photos...
photo2-vi.jpg
photo2-vi.jpg
photo4-vi.jpg
photo8-vi.jpg
photo4-vi.jpg

Where I work there are about 4 of these trucks in service, We recieved another new one not long ago. It just so happened that while the Policeman were transporting A truckload of drugs to the Incinerator where they were going to get disposed of. Another driver had a Medical Event crossed the Center line of the roadway. Careening into an Impala unmarked unit. Then Head on into the Pickup, Thankfully all made it out Alive and well. Except for the Vehicles which did ok, considering the Speed at which all of this happened.