Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charles Carpenters 1955 Chevy Pro Mod......FINISHED...06/09/13

tyrone

tyrone

wanted to find out where you get the four link and brackets from , and also the front suspensoin spindles and so on i'm just starting to build custom and i cant find these things, also in need of rears to thank you in advance ......jeff

Thanks alot fellas.... well I got a little time in on this one over the weekend and I've got the front and rear brakes mounted and put the rack and pinion in... I've also got the engine wired and Ive started work on the intake... thanks for looking and comments welcome... 013-4.jpg012-3-1.jpg011-3.jpg010-3-1.jpg009-4-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks fellas, for checking in and the feedback... it means alot... well a small update.. I got the carbon fiber decals to the rear wheeltubs, and added some bolthead detail... here's a few pics... thanks for looking and comments welcome... 005-4-2.jpg006-4-3.jpg007-3-2.jpg008-3-3.jpg012-3-2.jpg

Tyrone, I have been learning so much watching your builds.......

After looking at your cage I was wondering, do you heat the evergreen up to bend it to shape? Also how do you keep your chassis so straight/symetrical?

I do use a lighter at times to make some of my bends when doing the cages... as far as how I keep everything straight... I dont use a jig or anything, like some of the guys that are doing these types of builds... I kind of just dive in and start by making the floor first, and build up from there...now some times I have to redo it a few times before I get it right... but thats the fun part right??....

Dave.... thanks for the kind words pal... means alot....

Bill.... Thanks bro.. really appreciate it.... nothing like that Cuda you got going, AWESOME....

Chris.... I appreciate it man, when are you going to join us..??

Leonard... I appreciate you checking in on my projects bro... you're a great builder as well....

Michael... Thanks man...glad you like it bro...

Joe... If they ever make a 68 Camaro... I'm locked in...lol... but I've got 2 more projects brewing...

Mustang Pro Mod...

014-2-2.jpg

New 69 Camaro Pro Mod...

016-1-1.jpg

Edited by tyrone