Model Cars Magazine Forum

I need some Harley FXST help!

I am building the Imai 1/12 FXS Lowrider. There is an oil cooler but they don't show any lines! I am unsure of the year but it has the AMF air cooler which i have replaced with an S&S!

Any help describing where the oil hoses run would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Joe.

Thanks G,

I saw that diagram but the fxs does not have the oil filter there in front. Frankly i have no idea where the oil filter is, unless it is that thing sticking out of the timing case on top?

Or they just left it out?

Edited by jaydar

Joseph, If you look at the pics of my "Strip Tease" build I made an oil cooler (and oil filter). The model is based on a Softail. The lowriders (etc) of the time would have had it a little higher up the frame. Near where the brace is below the steering head. Looking from the front it would be more or less even/slightly above the front fender height.

I hope this makes sense to you.

I sent you a PM with a pic of what I use for oil line routing on this type Harley (AMF/FX series/70s to early 80s) and a pic of a Lowrider which has an oil cooler where I tried to describe.

Thank you for the pix. I found a schematic and ran two lines from the pump to oil tank one on the top and one to the bottom. The two lines from the cooler i will strap to the frame and run them under the engine and up to to the down tube. I will either fashion a fuel filter and attach to the down tube or i will hide the ends.

joe.

On the old Shovelheads the oil filter was in the oil tank.

That would answer a lot of questions.