Model Cars Magazine Forum

Engine 51 resurrected

Most excellent, Charlie!

I aim to please...

I have that one as the call-tone for my parents when they call my mobile phone, usually because it's some over-dramatic false alarm.

This is for when the ex calls, because more often than not, it involves a bailout of some kind...

http://www.phonezoo.com/ringtone/173711954/squad-51-standby-for-response.htm

Charlie Larkin

Edited by charlie8575

Couple of questions above. The color is Rustoleum red and the hose is sewing elastic. It comes on two sizes; 1/8" and 1/4" flat width. I stain it will a wash of thinner and Floquil "earth". The older cotton jacket hose even when new was this color. Now most is white if it is not synthetic single jacket which you can get in just about any color of the rainbow.

Very nice build, love the little details that you have done on it. Did you scratch build the whole rig? What colour red did you use? Would love to build one of these myself to go with my Squad 51...............if I ever finish it

Phil: It is a combination of things. I mentioned most of the details of the build above. Cab is resin, body from an ALF kit and sheet plastic.