Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Revell should put out as Kits...

I think it would be cool if they teamed up with Stacey David and made some of his builds.

Well, his Rat Roaster was announced at iHobby last year...coming late this year, I think.

Looking at SD's project page, there are a bunch of neat subjects that could make great kit subjects, IMO--

http://staceydavid.com/projects

Edited by Rob Hall

I thought Revell was supposed to issue a Fox Mustang coupe this year. I remember seeing some talk about it, then nothing. I hope it's not cancelled - that's one of the few kits I'm looking forward to.

It wasn't supposed to be out this year, nor was it ever officially announced by Revell. From what I recall hearing/reading, Ed Sexton from Revell was in contact with at least one member here, and the LX project was put on the backburner for now. I'm sure it will eventually be released, but I doubt it will be this year, seeing as both the '99 Cobra and '93 Cobra kits are due to be reissued in the next few months.

Depends on the project. Some of them belong to private owners (Knucklebuster), some belong to Stacey's freinds (the Challneger they "stole" and put a supercharger on it), but most of the Stacey owns outright (Rat Roaster, Sgt. Rock, Banshee). Stacey has sold a couple of them, namely Crazy Horse and Copperhead, and Wicked Willys is at his fathers farm, where it is used a daily driver.

BTW, the Little Red Wagon 4x4 Dodge Ram that has been on the show a few times is Staceys daily driver.

I would very much like to see a 1939 Ford Coupe Deluxe and 1940 Mercury Coupe, maybe even a special series custom chopped version like they did with 48 Ford Coupe. I guess I don't care about muscle car kits because I am no longer a muscle car guy that I use to be. Somehow I fell in love with hot rods and kustoms.

EDIT: I thought I'd add some pictures.

6027711907_49da5ff2db_b.jpg

6028264402_50cfa3bcd4_b.jpg

4521516976.jpg

1934%20Ford%20Roadster%20-%20Butcher.JPG

Edited by CEKPETHO BCE

They made same size wheels in front and back!?!? Look this rubbers and disk brakes... No calipers?

Disapointed?

Last night on Velocity they had an Overhaulin' rerun titled Uncle Sam's Nephew that had that Firebird for real:

820951.jpg

l.jpg

Body, graphic and wheels matched the photo. But the interior had custom seats at least and the engine was a carbureted LS2 with headers. So, apparently this was the inspiration for the Revell kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night on Velocity they had an Overhaulin' rerun titled Uncle Sam's Nephew that had that Firebird for real:

820951.jpg

l.jpg

Body, graphic and wheels matched the photo. But the interior had custom seats at least and the engine was a carbureted LS2 with headers. So, apparently this was the inspiration for the Revell kit.

I believe Cruz did a very accurate and superbly detailed build of this particular car, including the Overhaulin' floor graphic, which was posted on this forum. Might have been simonr, can't remember for sure.

Edited by sjordan2

I have a suggestion that Revell should do, since they've only done a snap version of it (correct me if I'm wrong)...that kit is the AM General Hummer (H1). I'm currently doing a rebuild of the snap version (thankfully with the stock beadlock wheels and off-road tires), and have been thinking how cool it would be to have a glue kit with opening hood, separate engine-drivetrain-suspension systems, maybe some off-road options, and a system to allow a person to build any one of the 4 styles offered (not including the fastback, unless they make a military version as well): pickup, 4dr softtop, 4dr hardtop, and wagon. The setup would be similar to that of the CJ-7 kit, where there's a separate wagon roof, pickup roof (with inserts for floor and sides), 4dr hardtop extension (with pickup roof), and of course separate doors that can be added, or left off.

Other than the snap kit, and I believe only some military kits, this subject has never been made in model form, and I think would be a popular kit. Heck, if they really wanted to be money hogs, they could re-release it with DUBS or as the H1 Alpha version, with alloy wheels and the other newer parts since the body didn't really change over the years. :lol:

Hey, one can only dream, right?

• 4 weeks later...

....... along with a 68 cuda.........

Let Revell know. I was one of the folks providing info and research for the '70 and during the course of that I mentioned that a good '68 would probably also be well received. I was told that there had not been any real interest in a '68 Cuda. Send letters/emails to Revell and tell them what you want! Tell them how many you personally would buy too.

'68 and '69 Cudas would be great, too. I would buy at least one of them

The MPC '69 is a dime-a-dozen kit.... been re-issued to death. Including all the mis-represented kits as '68's including the Judy Lily kit and the Red Light Bandit kit are '69's. Never mind the round side marker lights everyone points out: the hood, header panel, grilles, tail lights, and reverse lights are wrong..... They're all '69's. And crappy ones at that.

Like I've already posted, a ton of kit potential for an accurate '68 kit. The first Hemi Cuda..... Hemi under Glass..... Sox & Martin's legendary car, not to mention all the current SS/A cars running today (Jessel's car..... Warfish.... Etc)

Enough of Oldsmobiles and Hudson's..... give us horsepower!