Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's the newly improved version of my scratch built go-kart. I put it under glass a few weeks ago, but some good eyes caught the lack of a fuel tank. I added that as well as numerous other details. Very worth while, as the added detail has really brought this thing alive.

So here's the completed model:

Img_1969b.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

Img_1980b.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

Img_1981.jpg?psid=1

Img_1998.jpg?psid=1

and finally, one more parked next to my new fence...

Img_2007b.jpg?psid=1&ck=0&ex=720

Edited by Alyn

Here's the newly improved version of my scratch built go-kart. I put it under glass a few weeks ago, but some good eyes caught the lack of a fuel tank. I added that as well as numerous other details. Very worth while, as the added detail has really brought this thing alive.

Wait. What???!!!

You mean you posted your model, received some comments from members, took the comments as intended and not as a personal attack, reworked your model based on the comments and suggestions, and re-posted the improved model???!!!

Does anyone else know this can be done?

:D

You mean you posted your model, received some comments from members, took the comments as intended and not as a personal attack, reworked your model based on the comments and suggestions, and re-posted the improved model???!!!

Does anyone else know this can be done?

Harry, I'm sorry; guilty as charged. On the plus side, being well behaved is a disease that can be cured. Maybe an intervention is in order.

Here's a picture of the "before" or pre-detailed version.

Img_1421b.jpg?psid=1

Other than the seat which came out of the AMT Competition parts pack, the kart is entirely scratch built from raw styrene, brass and aluminum. The tires are slices of fuel hose. So John, with your scratch building skills, no wishing is necessary; just build one. Because of your photo skills and the use of natural settings, I've been trying to up my game in the camera department.

Jose, this will give you an idea of the size of the kart as it sets on the back of a Revell 29 Ford pickup truck. Yellow was picked on purpose to match the truck.

Edited by Alyn

Wow, that's an incredible amount of detail for such a lil' rig. This is what modeling is all about. Id love to see more of this kind of thing...pit racers...bar stool racers...hot rod wagons...motorized bicycles...come on guys...lets get creative...this one rocks!

• 1 month later...