Model Cars Magazine Forum

QUAD TRIKE! Custom Harley... WIP 1-27-13

HOOKIN' UP!!!

I needed to make the Exhaust Pipes longer so that I could Hook them up to the Headers, outside of the body. So I added some more 1/4" Tubing to the Exhaust Pipes...

DSCN0752Q_zps518eda0c.jpg

Then I added, 2 larger pieces of tubing on the ends, so that I can fit 2 Headers in each Pipe. I painted the ends flat black.

DSCN0869Q_zpsf58b2c52.jpg

Now it was time to mount the Body. I fit the Exhaust Pipes into the Body, fit the Body on to the Frame and fit the 4 Headers into the Exhaust Pipes at the same time. Then I put a couple of drops of Zap-A-Gap/Green Label between the Frame & the Body, under the seat.

DSCN0888Q_zpsf186351b.jpg

Here is a photo of the Headers fit into the Exhaust Pipes...

DSCN0891Q_zps50363526.jpg

B)

NICE BiG SEAT!!!

I used Black Felt to cover the Quad Seat. I carefully cut a little bit at a time untill I got a Good Fit!
Sometimes I use old Mouse Pads for work surfaces. It is pretty easy on painted pieces...

DSCN0900Q_zps3b438933.jpg

I sprayed glue on the back of the Felt and attached it to the seat back!

DSCN0918Q_zps6fc018e2.jpg

Hope you like it... B)

EXTENDING THE BARS!!!

I tried to make a few handlebars for the Quad, but they were pretty funky. So I decided to make Extentions rather than a new set of Bars.

I started with 3/32" plastic tubing and brass rod. I cut the Tubing and then cut the Rod a little longer. Then I pushed the Rod into the Tubing...

DSCN0932Q_zps65e59676.jpg

I removed the chrome from the stock Bars. After a little Fitting and Trimming the Extentions fit right inside the Bars!

DSCN0935Q_zps88d205f2.jpg

I bent the bars back a little at the ends to make the angle of the Bars just right!

DSCN0941Q_zpse1e68c51.jpg

B)

BARS & FORKS!!!

I opened the front of the frame and slipped the Forks in, then I glued it together. I used a Rear Wheel & Tire on the front so I had to remove the Fender Mounts from the Forks for clearence.

DSCN0926Q_zps71e10f03.jpg

I accidentally broke one of the two Pins off the top of the Forks as shown in the photo, so I broke the other one off too. I drilled a hole in each of these two spots for the Handlebars. It would have been easier to do before mounting the Forks...

DSCN0931Q_zps0fc76f39.jpg

The brass rods fit right in the holes. Here are the Handlebars in place!

DSCN0949Q_zpsa78394cb.jpg

B)

I haven't checked in on this for awhile and I figured you were getting close to being finished , and I'm not dissappointed . The engine and exhaust look great and the forks and fat tire look great out front !

I'll be watching for the finished photos .

QUAD'S DONE!!!

Everything is glued in place now. Finished up all of the last details and applied the Flame Decals from the Torch Kit.
I looked through my collection for "QUAD" Decals and couldn't find any...

So yesterday I took a break from the Quad and started a new project...the Doner Kit is the Olds Aerotech. I did a lot of Cutting, Fitting, Sanding, More Chopping, More Fitting and Sanding. I got a Real Good start on my new project. Then today I looked on the bottom of the box and there are some decals, I turn over the Aerotech Decal Sheet and there are 2 "QUAD" Decals!

DSCN1059Q_zps69bed664.jpg

I'M HAPPY NOW!!!

Photos of the Finished QUAD will be posted soon... B)