Model Cars Magazine Forum

your work bench

Paul and Mercman; where did you guys get those slim shelves that your paints are on? I have been looking for them and was thinking about just building some.

Mine was a wall mounted cassette tape case. I removed some cross braces, and shored it up abit.

AWESOME setup Jim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A HUGE + 2 on that!!! :D :D :D

Here's mine,but it's about to become my son's (not that I think he'll build very many models on it,but he needs the desk in his room,and will build occasionally too),as I found/bought a nicer,slightly larger one (still an old PC desk) at Goodwill today-it wouldn't fit the minivan without disassembly,so I'll go back for it tomorrow with trailer in tow :D Anyways,my old one...

001.jpg

Here is my workspace, yes a bit crouded and untidy that's because I've been re-doing my den. The large scale frame (scale unknown) is of a Fokker Dr.1 tri-wing fighter plane, this plane is being built for my wife and so far has taken 5 years to build including a complete break down for a re-build.

My work area is part of my wife's electronic workshop which is also untidy BUT that's another story, I have to share it as there is really no other room other than my den and I'm not going back into there.

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

Dingo B)

• 2 weeks later...

You guys have some very nice work benches!

I don't have a work bench, I'm using the computer desk, and every time I'm done I need to clean it... Or remove all the proof! :lol:

That's exactly what I do too. Mine is a multi-purpose, office, gaming, web-surfing, writing, model-building, work area. I usually have to put something away to do something else.

David G.