Model Cars Magazine Forum

wow Brad, I didn't realize you were building this!! this is some awesome stuff man! sweet fabbin on the U-joints, looks like they are going to work great, I apologize for not commenting sooner, so many builds on here!

Thanks for checking in Bill. I really appreciate you checking this out.

I'm on hold for the time being until my rims come in from Jim @ MicroNitro.

• 1 month later...

My rims finally arrived from Jim @ MicroNitro this morning and they will look so sweet on this Jeep. I haven't been doing anything to this build until they came in since so much resides on how the frame along with suspension and running gear look mocked up or assembled.

Here's a teaser photo Jim sent me. They do look alot better in person as this was a phone photo.

JeepRims_zps96438e22.jpg

I'll get back to this one after DSC in a couple of weeks. Too much to do around here with a couple builds in the finishing stages and getting the homestead ready for the BBQ afterwards.

Stay tuned.

Edited by gasser59

Someone DID say BBQ. You're more than welcome Bill. If so, bring that awesome Cuda of yours.

I'll get a better picture of those rims because they are awesome. Jim did a superb job again and they'll really look great on this Jeep.

Edited by gasser59

Finally a moment to get a bit of bench time on the Jeep now that Jim's wheels and hubs came in. Here's a mock-up with the hubs on and a better shot of the wheels. These are real beauties. Jim's stuff is flat-out awesome.

JimsRims3-vi.jpg

JimsRims1_zps929bccfd.jpg

Thanks for following along and comments welcomed.

Edited by gasser59

Thanks for following along Bill and Tyrone.

A bit of bench time in but it sure does seem like much was accomplished. Worked on the roll bars along with the pins to the chassis and body. Put together a mock-up for fitment and pictures.

Here's a few with it sitting on the bench. I'm happy with the stance and the ride height.

3QuarterView-vi.jpg

SideViewRollBars-vi.jpg

Edited by gasser59