Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth K-123 (WIP)

Hi Brian, Looking good :) I really like the addition of the brake lines, I think that really adds to the model :) I did notice one little problem though with your brake lines :( The front drive axle only has brake chambers, meaning they should only have one air line per chamber and that line is connected to the service brake petal. The rear axle has spring brakes, so each chamber should have two lines, one line releases the spring brake and is connected to the yellow button in the cab, the other line is connected to the service brake petal. The brake chambers on the front axle should also have only one brake line. Other than that small little problem, the model is looking great and I can't wait to see pictures of the finished model :)

Brian I can see the solder now, thats a great idea. I used really small wire for my brake lines. I'm going to try solder on my titan project. I will post some pictures of it soon. What color are you chosing for the cab? You can check out my 123 on earlier posting, excuse the camera HA HA happy modeling :rolleyes:

The cab will be painted Testors Star Bangled Blue and I might put white stripes on it. Not sure about that yet.

I've seen your 123 Mike. It turned out great!

So far this KW has been a lot easier to build than my Titan was. But I am still early in the build.

Hi,

Nice start to the K-123 cabover. They do turn out really nice - you just need to be patient with the clean-up.

I've got one that the parts are cleaned up for - looks like some of you guys know your stuff so I'll be picking your brains about brake lines, etc. - good reference pictures of Kenworths are hard to come by in the U.K.!

Cheers,

Jim

Edited by Jim Whalen