Model Cars Magazine Forum

Aardvark Models Firebird III

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to see the build up when you're finished!! That kind of price is tuff on the wallet but I have to admit it looks like it's worth every bit of that! Resin casters have to cover their costs and pay the rent just like everybody else and that is definitely world class work.

• 1 month later...
The obvious answer would be when they are ready but you likely are looking for a date, right? The first Duesey should be this fall. It will be the Rollston Torpedo Convertible Victoria and unsupercharged. Releases beyond that I don't know.

Thank you. Mudd coupe would be nice too, but the Vic has been a huge hole in my collection. I have all the AAM/Lee Baker pieces, never got any of the Scale-kraft kits.

Any details, please please? P/E wires would be nice, S-K had some as well as another supplier, but they were $$.

Which Bugg?

I have a lot of ref material if you need anything, Andy. You just made my week.

L

Bob,

Great pics.

Chuck Jordan's home in Rancho Santa Fe CA has the 1/5 wooden buck for the car, as well as the same for the Aerotrain. He worked on both as a junior designer under Harley Earl. Amazing stuff.

He is a rabid model collector, I have bought a few things from him when I lived in La Jolla. He has Ferrari brochure collection that is the best I've ever seen.

I have to get the F-bird III, and suggest a Y-job. But it is fine to do the Dusies and Buggs first, Andy. I'm your new annuity. Ask Art A, Don H, and Paul Fisher (wish he did more cars again).

L

Bob,

I did find your pics of FB III at Amelia. Can I use them on the refernce CD I include with the kit? The open door shots in particular I never found elsewhere. Joel D provided me with scans of the original GM brochures and even an SAE Engineering Journal article on the car. The CD also has old magazine articles and old pics from here and there.

I don't know when they did it but GM repainted the car. It used to be a gold tinted silver, almost a champagne type silver and the interior was red!

Here is a magazine cover clearly showing several things, the red interior and the reflective coating on the bubbletop. The color seems a little too much gold but it is definitely not the same as the paint on it now.

Bob,

I did find your pics of FB III at Amelia. Can I use them on the refernce CD I include with the kit? The open door shots in particular I never found elsewhere. Joel D provided me with scans of the original GM brochures and even an SAE Engineering Journal article on the car. The CD also has old magazine articles and old pics from here and there.

I don't know when they did it but GM repainted the car. It used to be a gold tinted silver, almost a champagne type silver and the interior was red!

Here is a magazine cover clearly showing several things, the red interior and the reflective coating on the bubbletop. The color seems a little too much gold but it is definitely not the same as the paint on it now.

Sure, you can use the pics. I took them in anticipation of perhaps one day doing a model of it. It's nice not to have to scratchbuild it

I've applied Alclad II chrome under glass before and backed it up w/some clear/smoke paint and it made for very realistic reflective glass on the model I used it on. The Firebird III definitely doesn't have the reflective canopy any longer.

I recently started my AMT Astro I show car, will be a good companion to the Firebird III :blink: Another car that I got a lot of reference pics at Amelia.