Model Cars Magazine Forum

I don't think if my bank account can recover that fast, I know the only way I'll be out of the dog house by then is to cook, clean, do laundry, wash her car, and do her nails for the next 8 weeks :) But yeah!!!! I be there you can bet on that.

Edited by Bowtienutz

It was well worth the trip...even including going over the GW Bridge to get over to Long Island....(what a mess!)

Some absolutely great stuff on the table- it was a pleasure to see it all.

More importantly, it was a pleasure to see once more, and meet, several people from the forums and other modeling-related activities I frequent.

I got home earlier this afternoon- long ride home. Film's at CVS now and will be ready tomorrow. I'll post pictures then.

Just saw that flyer from John. Both a Cat and a Ventura- didn't notice that on mine. That'll be cool.

I hope the Hudsons have stock parts in them.

Charlie Larkin

Whew! What a ride! This was a great year! I had a feeling when ALL the vendors responded that they were coming... full house completely. Usually I have one or two major dealers call out, which gives me a bit of wiggle room but not this year! Moebius was in the house and I had the pleasure of having dinner with Dave Metzner after the show. It was great to hear about his long and distinguished career in the hobby business. Let's just say the future is in good hands.

Many thanks to the Tri-State Scale Model Car Club who tirelessly plan and execute the show flawlessly each and every year! For they know it's more fun to run the show than to merely attend it!

And thanks to everyone who came to make it a great day! Until next year!

Thanks to the entire Tri-State crew for another GREAT show! So many top quality, inspiring builds on the tables - my head is swimming with ideas.

Got to meet a couple of board members for the first time too, and see many old friends.

If you've never been to NNL East, add it to your bucket list. It's THAT great. :)

Wow, 9 1/2 hours…. :o

Yeah, for me it was an 11+ hour ride. Left Wayne at 9:00 a.m. got home just after 8:00 p.m. Of course we were dropping bodies off all over Ontario. But I'm the furthest of our group of travellers.

That said many Thanks to Tom, Bart, Ken, Bill, Dave, Al and all the rest of the TSSMCC group for putting on another great show. Got to meet Charlie and I saw your fantastic Barracuda, John. Also got to renew other friendships from past years and I did lighten my wallet significantly. All in all another great NNL East. Thanks everyone

Great show! My first time there, too bad I had to work in our booth and didn't get to spend as much time as I would have wanted browsing the vendors' and show tables. Still had a great time and looking forward to coming back next year. I did manage to find time to snag one of VRM's awesome Gold Leaf decals for the Revell Midget kit.

The highlight of the show for me was Donn Yost's table. In the past, Donn has been cordial, but not overly friendly, which I figure is just his way and I was certainly never offended. This year I attended with the little woman, who is petite and cute with long blonde hair. Wow did Donn perk up when we appoached the table. She got a big smile from him, made some jokes at my expense, and then they both had a good laugh. Donn you sly perv, now that I know she's my secret weapon, I'll be back with her next year to see if I can negotiate for some discount merchandise!! :lol:

The highlight of the show for me was Donn Yost's table. In the past, Donn has been cordial, but not overly friendly, which I figure is just his way and I was certainly never offended. This year I attended with the little woman, who is petite and cute with long blonde hair. Wow did Donn perk up when we appoached the table. She got a big smile from him, made some jokes at my expense, and then they both had a good laugh. Donn you sly perv, now that I know she's my secret weapon, I'll be back with her next year to see if I can negotiate for some discount merchandise!! :lol:

Lmao !

Dan , my sincere apologies for coming across as only cordial in previous meetings . This was the first year where I actually had more than 3 hours of sleep under my belt before the show .... I actually had energy to spare on Saturday !

Hats off to Tom and the crew for putting on a show that runs like the proverbial Swiss watch , year in and year out . Great to see old friends and meet new ones . Dinner with Mr's Swartz , Dudek , Cohen and associates , then got to hang out with T Kren , Papa Fo , Chopper , Bill Stillwagon , Mr & Mrs Sandone , and Mr Geiger afterwards !

Thank you to all who visited the tables , your business is greatly appreciated !

Donn, seriously, I was never offended. I figured you were stressed and probably a bit overwhelmed. I have a thick skin and I was just happy to get one of your DVDs and see some of your work!

Stressed ? A bit ! Never over whelmed ! Lol !

Generally speaking , it is usually just being so tired . Full time job , running the business , and just life in general can take it's toll . Kathie and I both commented on the fact that the day seemed to fly by .