Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT M&H Racemaster Dragster Slicks & Parts Pack Tires

Gregg

Ok, lets see. These wheels come in the re-issue Ohio George Willys kit. To get more of THESE wheels and tires, you would have to buy this kit again and raid it for them . Last time I bought this kit, it was $25 bucks. So, I know have ANOTHER AMT Willys kit in the collection, and this one, is missing tires! That cost me $25 bucks! I already have multiple copies of this kit, both original and re-issues, why would I want another one? Oh yeah, the wheels and tires.

Now,before we get into the "I can get this or that" discussion. I am only talking about these wheels and tires! And only because no one else is offering them. And no, this is not including resin products, since they are even more expensive and then the real crying would start! A comparable set from Speed City is almost $20!

I am sure not all hobby shops or online vendors with be charging the full price, and if you act now, you can get the for the $13.99 from Round 2 website.

The 2 smaller tires I have no use for . the wheels I have very little use for. But if they had done a similar 4 set pack of the just the slicks as in other tire parts pack, I would be all over them at retail.

so I am less than enthused with how they're packaged.

That said , anyone that buys this set and doesn't want the blue streak slicks , pm me

Edited by gtx6970

Ok, lets see. These wheels come in the re-issue Ohio George Willys kit. To get more of THESE wheels and tires, you would have to buy this kit again and raid it for them . Last time I bought this kit, it was $25 bucks. So, I know have ANOTHER AMT Willys kit in the collection, and this one, is missing tires! That cost me $25 bucks! I already have multiple copies of this kit, both original and re-issues, why would I want another one? Oh yeah, the wheels and tires.

Now,before we get into the "I can get this or that" discussion. I am only talking about these wheels and tires! And only because no one else is offering them. And no, this is not including resin products, since they are even more expensive and then the real crying would start! A comparable set from Speed City is almost $20!

I am sure not all hobby shops or online vendors with be charging the full price, and if you act now, you can get the for the $13.99 from Round 2 website.

Actually, the front rims in Round 2's PP005 parts pack are brand new, with a five bolt pattern. The Ohio George front rims are a four bolt, and a holdover from the original tooling. The rear rims in the parts pack are the newly tooled extras found in the Ohio George kit.

Actually, the front rims in Round 2's PP005 parts pack are brand new, with a five bolt pattern. The Ohio George front rims are a four bolt, and a holdover from the original tooling. The rear rims in the parts pack are the newly tooled extras found in the Ohio George kit.

Another reason to get these sets!

The funny thing is, every time Round 2 comes out with another tire set, there is the same whining about the price. Over and over again.

sounds like more people need to save their change..... im sick of hearing whining all the time, buy it or don't. I for one will be buying a few sets.

• 2 weeks later...

What years were these Blue Streak Goodyear tires produced?

I've seen photos of cars from 1965 using these tires.One of them was Dick Landy's 1965 Dodge.

What years were the second and third sets M&H slicks produced? They look modern to me.

sounds like more people need to save their change..... im sick of hearing whining all the time, buy it or don't. I for one will be buying a few sets.

Well, we're sorry to hear that you're sick. Keep in mind that some of the tire parts packs can be pricey (MSRP), not too much less than the cost of some kits. Also keep in mind that today's economy is just a bit tough and sometimes the change that gets saved must be used on priorities. I've been there quite recently- it sucks.

• 4 weeks later...

Shame , they have two different sizes in the pkg.

Me personally I tend to think they would sell better if they were like all the other tire packs and customer received 8 of all the same tire.

same deal on the blue steak slick sets.

Edited by gtx6970

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm in on the redlines! The only problem with all of these tire packs is that I have run out of wheels, wheelbacks and the like. I am about to send a huge order in to Modelhaus, and I have ordered from the 'bay a few times. Round 2 should think about releasing some wheels for these puppies. There are some pretty nice ones in the archives. We could use a couple of types of steel wheels, come chrome reverse, and a few mags. (The '66 Nova and '62 Bel Air kits had some nice ones IIRC. I bet a "best of" wheel set with 3 or four sets of wheels for a reasonable price would sell well. They could even do some backing plates, brake simulators and some old style wheels with finned Buick drums for the fronts. Even new tools wouldn't be that hard. Wheels are an easier shape than most things, and you only need to make one from the ground up. The others in the set are just copies, or in the case of fronts and rears, just minor modifications.

Just a random thought, but I would buy a pack or two of pretty much anything they came out with.

what does everyone think about the exclusive ones with the red stripe right in the middle of the white sidewall? was there a real life prototype for that design? if not, how acceptable is it to use them (note: i myself would use them just because they look kinda kool...would have been kooler with blue stripe maybe, but i am asking more for the sake of contest table nit-pickers (used in the very nicest way)) on say a mid 60s rod?

Sears sold cheater slicks with that red/white sidewall design back in mid 60's. In my town we had a Sears speed Shop that adjoined a large Sears Store. The cheater slicks were 7" wide, and had just two grooves on them, outside edges, otherwise they were slicks.

My brother-in-law ran a set on his then new 426 '64 Sport Fury. 4 spd. car, and very nice.

I haven't seen this tire design since then. What a surprise!

Duh! What an idiot! Now I see this thread is old as the hills! lol. I'll keep the reply though, maybe for some it's of interest.

Michael

Edited by 10thumbs