Model Cars Magazine Forum

Good luck to all in the New England area...

When people see it, do they know what it is? :lol:

Probably not..it's in my back hatch area, sort of the 'trunk' of an SUV...all sorts of junk back there-- ice scrapers, heavy winter Weather Tech rubber floor mats, air compressor, battery charger, cans of window deicer, etc...

Probably not..it's in my back hatch area, sort of the 'trunk' of an SUV...all sorts of junk back there-- ice scrapers, heavy winter Weather Tech rubber floor mats, air compressor, battery charger, cans of window deicer, etc...

They must think you're some sort of end-of-the-world apocalypse whackjob type! :lol:

De-icer in Arizona... hmmm... what does that guy know that we don't know... :lol:

They must think you're some sort of end-of-the-world apocalypse whackjob type! :lol:

De-icer in Arizona... hmmm... what does that guy know that we don't know... :lol:

Funny you say that Harry. About 12 years ago we went to Phoenix for Spring Break to see my Mother-in -Law and the Cubs spring training. It was 80 degrees every day in Phoenix but when we went up to the Grand Canyon, it was 28 degrees and 16 inches of snow! And we thought Chicago weather was strange! :lol:

I just looked out the door. I kinda wish I hadn't.

I'll probably go out in a little while and clear some. At least the electric snow-thrower Dad bought works pretty decent. He was able to get about four spots equivalent cleared in about ten minutes with about three or four inches on the ground.

Looking out the door, I'd say we have about 8 or 10 right now.

Mike- did your wife get home safe?

Charlie Larkin

Wow I went out to move some good size branches that came down on the road. I shoveled my drive way while I was out there. Theres about 5-6 inches and its wet and heavy, and the bad part of the storms has just arrived and is supose to go all night. On the plus side I managed to get four cars finished up today.

We are going to need some luck here in the desert, the talking heads say its going to rain here this weekend, and its going to be in the 50's for our highs , brrr , cold :lol:

Wow. I hope you're stocked up on provisions. You might not be able to survive those frigid temps if you had to leave the house for any reason! :lol:

Wow. I hope you're stocked up on provisions. You might not be able to survive those frigid temps if you had to leave the house for any reason! :lol:

Thank goodness the wedding I am Deejaying on Sunday is indoors :lol:, you know Harry, I dont know what I would do if I lived somewhere that had serve winter weather, I dont think I could handle it , I dont envy you guys that live back east at all

I guess in all seriousness, good luck to you guys up in the North East, I really was not making light of the weather you guys are having

Edited by martinfan5

I have my heavy coat and toque handy if I need to go out early in the AM to Starbucks.. :)

Thank goodness the wedding I am Deejaying on Sunday is indoors :lol:, you know Harry, I dont know what I would do if I lived somewhere that had serve winter weather, I dont think I could handle it , I dont envy you guys that live back east at all

I guess in all seriousness, good luck to you guys up in the North East, I really was not making light of the weather you guys are having

I can handle cold and snow better than the extreme heat here, I think. I've been away from cold winters since '08, though. I've heard alot about NE storms, my sister lived in the Boston area from '90-97.

Edited by Rob Hall

I have my heavy coat and toque handy if I need to go out early in the AM to Starbucks.. :)

I can handle cold and snow better than the extreme heat here, I think. I've been away from cold winters since '08, though. I've heard alot about NE storms, my sister lived in the Boston area from '90-97.

But you are use to it correct?, not me, other then the 6 years when we lived in the Dallas area, I have lived here in the valley, I know heat, and can handle it, cold, not so much

But you are use to it correct?, not me, other then the 6 years when we lived in the Dallas area, I have lived here in the valley, I know heat, and can handle it, cold, not so much

Yeah..I was in Colorado for 12 winters, and Ohio & Michigan before that for 24 winters (plus 6 in S. Florida). So I guess I'm used to sunny dry and snowy winters and also gray & damp snowy winters.. :)

Yeah..I was in Colorado for 12 winters, and Ohio & Michigan before that for 24 winters (plus 6 in S. Florida). So I guess I'm used to sunny dry and snowy winters and also gray & damp snowy winters.. :)

The closet I got to real winters was living in Fort Collins for a few months, but that was in the summer time, doesnt S Florida have high humidity , that worse then the heat almost

The closet I got to real winters was living in Fort Collins for a few months, but that was in the summer time, doesnt S Florida have high humidity , that worse then the heat almost

Yes... in the summers it feels as bad or worse than our 'dry' heat here.... I was down in Miami and the Keys for a few days in July '08, the high heat and humidity is brutal.