Model Cars Magazine Forum

Datsun 510

martinfan5

Those are so desirable today! Really nice build of a really sweet car. I had a neighbor whom had one "all done up…" and it looked and sounded sweeeet!

Great color and the wheels are a given. Another one I have in the stash that should be a build. Nice job!

Nice 510, a good friend has one. He has the BRE book on how to build one, at last count he has three engines for it in various stages of tune from hot street, prepped auto cross and full Banzai (not quite grenade motor). We like to do a little street burning through twisty roads and stuff his 510 against my Mini. I can normally take him through the corners, he gets his chance in the strait stuff! All in good fun!

Ok back to your 510, like the color, like the fact that you used restraint in not turning it into a cookie cutter (Honda) late model tuner car. Tuner cars are OK, but a 510 predates the Tuners by a few decades, so it really looks better in the stock kit form.

I remember the first one that I built, think I was like in Jr. High, I wasn't impressed with the multi-piece body. Now that I've had a few mechanical engineering college class or two, I recognize it as a really great piece of tool engineering. I always wondered if Revell built the body that way so they could do a stock 510 by just changing the side panels.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...