Model Cars Magazine Forum

1961 Impala mild kustom Color and Motor update 11/12

Albie D

Thanks guys.

name='H.A.K' timestamp='1352908009' post='816328']

Have an idea for you. How bout cut and sand the lip off. Then the rim will slide right into the tire and set flush ???? what you think.

Thats a good idea, but one that I dont think I could pull off without it looking hacked. I was thinking of using a Dremel sanding drum and carefully sanding away at the fontside "bead" of the tire untill the rim lip sits more flush...I dunno. Honestly, Im pretty happy with it as is, it's got a cool stretched look and sits right, plus I'm rounding the final straight of this build and adding one more thing to the "to do" list is not on my agenda. On the flip side though, you got me thinkin'...

Wow albie, beautiful colors. What a nice combo. Looks great laid out on them rims, can't wait to see it all together. Don't let it sit any longer on that bench, keep it going. Btw, that looks like a really cool book you have it sitting on.

Jason, whats up dude?! Im getting some stuff done, but my work is crazy busy right now. I own a bakery and the holidays are full bore for me, Im shooting to have it done the weekend after Thanksgiving, dead tired or bust! The Billy Gibbons book is recommended. Great cars and his awesome guitars.

The question is though...whats up with the Merc?!? Any progress? We want to see man..

Jason, whats up dude?! Im getting some stuff done, but my work is crazy busy right now. I own a bakery and the holidays are full bore for me, Im shooting to have it done the weekend after Thanksgiving, dead tired or bust! The Billy Gibbons book is recommended. Great cars and his awesome guitars.

The question is though...whats up with the Merc?!? Any progress? We want to see man..

Alright, I guess that's a good enough reason, I'll let it slide. Owning a bakery must be amazing, all that good food. I'd be so over weight if I owned/worked in one. Next time I'm in a bookstore, which isn't to often, I'll have to remember to check that book out. I've been growin my beard for about 7 months now, little does my wife know but the goal is to get it as long as zz tops...lol. She'll probably end up cutting that sh*t off one night.

Ahhh the Merc. Well it's going, slowly but surely. I have yet to finish a model since I started building again (last time I finished one I was a kid) so I'm having a little trouble figuring out the correct steps to everything. I'm a little bit of a perfectionist so I'm just taking my time. I have to post some updates, keep an eye out. Thanks for askin