Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mid Sixties Dragster

Dyno Davo

Hi guys, started on my next drag project. Plan is to build a 140" mid sixties style dragster. Kellison frame, 392 with the Tampa dump stance and chute pack body work. Got started on the chassis and some of the components. The seat has been made from aluminum sheet and upholstered in diamond trim, seat belts are ProTech. I'll post more pics next week.

DSCF3044.jpg

DSCF3048.jpg

DSCF3049.jpg

DSCF3051.jpg

DSCF3052.jpg

David....This build is looking great so far and is going to be really nice when done. I can't wait to see more. Everything is looking Killer. Is this a 1/16th or 1/25th scale build?? I will be following for sure.

Hi chris, this is in 1/16 scale, thanks for checking out this build. Cheers dave

Beautiful work. What's the basis for the front half of the bodywork? The combination works out really nicely - very sleek lines. The chassis, I assume, is all styrene. What diameter rod did you use (.080"?). It scales to the eye perfectly.

Hi Bernard, plans are not to have any front body work, it's just a personal choice thing. For the styrene I used on the chassis here are the details remembering this model is in 1/16 scale

Roll bar tubing was 213 Evergreen rod

Main chassis tubing was 212 Evergreen rod

Chassis minor tubing was 222 Evergreen rod

Hope this helps

is this 1/25 scale, or bigger?

Hi Joe, this is 1/16 scale