Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lacquer clear over krylon?

I'm curious if one coat lacquer can be sprayed over krylon brilliant silver. I'm fairly sure it's oil based paint, not enamel... I have sprayed the one coat lacquer over testors aluminum enamel brush paint an my exhaust pieces so I would think it's pretty versatile. Anyone with experience, or knows the answer to my miiiilllion dollar queeeestion!!!!!!!!!! ?

*although it is a million dollar question, one million dollars will not be awarded to the answer-er... No purchase neccesary many will enter few will win... :P

I hope it works because I just did one last Saturday and it seems to be working so far. I did give the Krylon plenty of time to cure before applying the clear, twelve days to be exact. A lot may have to do with the temperature and humidity. Good luck with yours.

Spoon test, Spoon test, Spoon test! Get yourself some plastic spoons (they're styrene), and do a thorough test before putting paint on your pet project!

This will save you a lot of grief from any surprises in case the paint does anything funny on the spoons.

I can't stress this enough! ;)

Spoon test, Spoon test, Spoon test! Get yourself some plastic spoons (they're styrene), and do a thorough test before putting paint on your pet project!

This will save you a lot of grief from any surprises in case the paint does anything funny on the spoons.

I can't stress this enough! ;)

I actually tested on some spare sprue, and. It seemed okay so I should be good!