Model Cars Magazine Forum

The "S" word...

Harry P.

I just finished shoveling round #2 for today. I expect to do one more round tonight after the Packers game, if the temp hasn't fallen too far by then (supposed to be -20 tonight).

On the bright side... this regimen of shoveling snow three times a day for the past 4-5 days has been a great cardio workout! I haven't had this much exercise since I don't know when!

So I'm calling this epic "global warming" winter my personal fitness workout! :lol:

Just spent 3-4 hours out chasing a snowblower around the property, then made a Dunkin Run for some of their hot chocolate..........I'm beat!

That's no excuse Joe as I've been drivin' here in the Midwest for 50+ years and never had any need for a Jeep.

I've spent my whole life in the Midwest too and done the whole FWD in the snow thing for several years before buying the Jeep 10 years ago.............I'll stick with the Jeep.

and meanwhile near Philadelphia it's 47 degrees and raining. All the snow on the roof is coming down in great explosions.

Per the bit about snow plows plowing in your driveway, at my first house I lived on a T corner. directly across from me was Chief of Detectives. The snow plow would do his front right to the curb, take the turn and dump it all right where my cars were parked, plowing me in completely. I don't miss that house!

You know things are bad when the snow plows are getting flipped over!

I can relate.

When we lived in Colorado, we were in a hilly area with a creek running through our property. The creek crossed a county road near our gate and the beginning of our .2 mile long driveway. The wind collected snow at the low point of the road, where it and the creek and our driveway converged. Usually, our worst snows closed off our driveway for a few hours or maybe a day once in a while. The county used graders to plow snow in our area, and that was always good enough to keep the road passable.

But one storm dumped so much snow on us that the road was buried and we figured we were snowed in for a couple of days. Late the first day of the storm, the county sent a grader out. It got stuck right at the end of our driveway. A segment of the road about 1/4 mile long was too deep in snow for the grader. The second day, it was still there and the road was still closed. Bright and early the third day, county crews were there with another grader and a huge snow blower they borrowed from the airport. They channeled a two-lane trench through the snow to open the road, then they used the second grader and a heavy recovery truck to extricate the original grader.

That was the worst snow storm accumulation we experienced in Colorado. It took a week or so before the snow melted away enough to return to normalcy. But the saving grace was that we did not have the extreme cold (and ice) with it that you guys are experiencing now.

It's thanks to you guys that we're supposed to hit 20 below tonight. Not wind chill, actual temperature.

I wish you guys would just keep your Canadian arctic air up there!!! :lol:

It is 60* here currently. in 24 hours it is supposed to b 9*! Yes please, take back your vortex of cold air :D

Just tried to start the Jeep, turned over, but no fire :( Might have too much alcohol in the 200, plus the Jeep is blocking it in.

I had the same kind of problem this morning Joe...had to take the wife to work and even with 2 800amp batteries and a 305ci it still did not want to start but finally managed to get it going...windchill temps here are -30