Model Cars Magazine Forum

1962 Chevy II "Runt"

Chas SCR

Runt getting the 1st of 3 coats of HYUNDAI S2R Red Allure and its really nice to work with such thin paint. This really looks good as it's not a flake that is too big out of scale and not over'ly flashy when the clear is added to it. Next to the Bronze it really pops out.

thank you, I just like to make it a nice part of my collection but trouble is RPM Hotrods already has spoken for it once it's done and been seen out west next year. Think the guys from RPM as they just have made this build such a blast doing it with all there help.

Sorry no updates this weekend as I took the weekend off for a show on saturday and then just some alone time today. This week is all new tooling and setting up the machines for some work and getting the nice little parts made for this car. 1 of the biggest things I will be machine on is the Una Ball Joints and studs. This is really going to be fun and also getting the gagues clusters made up for both this car and two other builds as i'm doing one set I might as well do the others now then later.

255431_4266336750443_1515460306_n.jpg229569_4266336430435_868509221_n.jpg552516_4266336110427_1332907986_n.jpg

Here in the front end I was able to polish out the bolts and put them in. They are just under .010 sticking out at the head and not a full flush fit. On the rear end I did the 4 link today putting in all the him joints and bolts to hold the rear in. I have to fit the arms to size. After I do this I will then polish all the bolts and nuts to a chrome look and paint the arms black. The only arms that will not be painted black are the ones for the sway bar and they are gray.

542160_4274111704812_762139710_n.jpg408674_4274131305302_729700908_n.jpg

You ask what the little white parts are for? Well let me tell ya that this exhaust will not be an 8hr job as each of the parts has to be fitted and chrome plated and then the exhaust tubing has to be painted flat black and bent .After sanding them to size and drilling the bolt holes they line up in the chassis like this. The brackets for the exhaust tubeing and keep every thing nice and snug looking under the chassis. This car will have 8 of them added to it.

Edited by Chas SCR

Thank you to every one that is looking and watching this build. I have to also say thinks to Randy Derr as he really help me understand a lot of stuff for this in the resin part of the work and watching the video of his talking at the GSL.

Here is the rear roll pan bolted in for more detail. Scale of 3/4 bolt head size. Here is the exhuast brackets getting ready for chrome platting. Start on the under side of the hood also tonight. Here is the rear grab bar done in body color with the tips been chrome patted. Tomorow I will bolt it in place to set the seat brackets up.

The hime joints,bolts and nuts from R&B Motion. Not sure if they took the car out too drag week or not. I know it made the rounds at Goodguys shows for the Autocross contest starting with 2011 Goodguy Nationals and then was in the Optima Ultimate Street Car deal in vegas at the end of the year. The car then was taken back to RPM where it was touched up and made its first ever indoor car show last winter and won there class.