Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Germany VW Beetle 1500 (Limousine and Cabriolet)

Whats the assembly in step 51? The thermostat?

I seriously don't know what that is. It sticks out the back past the bumper! Here's a shot from the side of the box that shows it on a built model ..

oddpartDSC_1367_zps75d9f40c.jpg

It also shows from above in steps 56 to 58.

Edited by Foxer

The draft tube is on part 6, in step #4. What they dont show is the rubber valve at the end. It looks like a straight fish mouth. Most cars dont have the rubber piece anymore...

I honestly didn't know what that long bar was, but the tow hitch makes sense. You never see thermostats anymore, and I was kinda joking.

Edited by Zarana-X

I've been looking closer with a mind to using parts for my '69 build. I haven't built this kit so I can't comment on that. Most all the parts look sharp and well molded with things added I've seen on no other VW, for instance, seat belt ends on side of seats. Here's some close up photos of parts that impressed me. If anyone wants to see a photo of a particular part just ash here.

Seats ... look at those seat belt ends. These are going into my '69 build!

seatsDSC_1372_zps74e5d791.jpg

Body rear ... the tail light shrouds look perfect, though I'd like to have seen them separate from the body.

bodyrearDSC_1373_zpsa0df93c4.jpg

Bumpers. These WILL go to my '69 Build.

bumperDSC_1379_zpsfdab4611.jpg

Padded dash. yes .. PADDED!

DashDSC_1377_zpsef347537.jpg

TopDSC_1375_zps06a22d24.jpg

Engine. The block, cylinders and trans are all molded together in two pieces and the detail is good. With the excellent accessories included, this could be one of the best VW engines out there. I'm anxious to see some built up.

engineDSC_1380_zpsb8fb462c.jpg

Shrouds

shroudsDSC_1382_zpse676143a.jpg

Intake manifold .. amazing!

intakeDSC_1385_zpsf7910ef5.jpg

exhaust

exhaustDSC_1386_zpsa796a2c6.jpg

License plates and ID plates for most of Europe, I reckon. The corresponding ID plate is next to it license plates. Can't figure out what B and E are for. Gonna go look at a map...

Belarus, Belgium, Bulgaria, Estonia...That raises more questions than it answered :-/ . I knew D is for Germany (Deutchland) maybe B & E are for something else that doesn't translate in English.

Edited by Zarana-X