Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Germany VW Beetle 1500 (Limousine and Cabriolet)

The other goofy one is CH for Switzerland.

Always wondered about that, it's for the Latin name of the country Confoederatio Helvetica (Swiss Confederation). I have the CH stamp on my passport from a trip a few years ago.

Edited by Rob Hall

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have the sedan kit, anyone know what clear parts 144, 152,135,and 129 are? The look like police bubble lights.

Yes, those are lights for the roof, a police version will be on the cards very soon

• 1 month later...

Lee- not only are there unused dome flasher lenses, but check out the inside of the roof- it's full of flashed-over holes, which are covered by the separate headliner. Expect more from this tooling. (Note that last sentence is little more than an educated guess on my part. :D )

I'm finally getting around to working on this kit, and I will say my one big disappointment is the tires. Not just the blank sidewalls, but the ones in my kit are really poorly molded. BUT- I robbed some of the old skinnny, hollow Firestones from AMT (they're in the Bill Jenkins Grumpy Toy '66 Nova and most versions of the '49 Merc among others), and they fit the kit wheels pretty well. If you have a set of these, notice that one bead is a bit thicker than the other- slip the tires over the wheels with the thicker bead facing out, so the outward-facing part of the wheel will fit nice and flush with the bead of the tire. The AMT Firestones are a very nice alternative to the kit tires.