Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kustom Resin

I also ordered some parts from rdsxfan and I took over a month to get them. He wouldn't respond to email. I had to open a case to get things moving. He promised discounts and free parts and never got anything. Eventually got what I paid for but every single piece looked rushed. Some parts didn't cure and others crumbled when I tried to sand. Very bad experience.

Bought His 1972 Roadrunner and 1969 Mustang Grande off Ebay on 4-20-14. I think I was his last Ebay VICTIM. Emailed him on May 1st he said shipping next day.No more contacts since then. No shipping info on Ebay listing, no more Resin on his site. Opened a paypal claim. Good luck to those of you still buying from him. redsxfan2, Afxscale, Wendel, Mark. A listed phone number that does not take incoming calls,I am really bummed out because his stuff looks great.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This scammer is back on ebay.His first profile name was - rdsxfan2-then was changed to - marksfreeshippingstore - now the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAHing thief is back selling on ebay under the profile of - dami -alex.Dont buy off this scumbag,he is a conman

You guys crack me up! I bought from rdsxfan2 and got my Opel Kadette body and '67 Dodge Dart conversion set in a reasonable turn around. The quandary of the aftermarket is that they can sell much more product, faster than they can produce it. Enter the numpties who think they should get 24 hour service and it's all downhill from there.

Wonder why Ma's Resin is no more? Al was doing interesting wheels and tires at the cost of the resin materials because he was having fun and thought he was doing a service to an appreciative public. Suddenly he was besieged by idiots who were ordering 20 sets of wheels and tires at a time (note that his pressure pot allowed 6 units per evening.. as in 1.5 sets a day), and then trashing him on the boards when they didn't get them in a week. End of story.

Edited by Tom Geiger

That's why selling cast-to-order parts on eBay isn't a good idea. Make up the stock first and then sell it. Or limit your sales to only the stock you can produce in a reasonable turnaround time. Ever wonder why Rep&Min doesn't have a website or sell on eBay? Snail mail and shows are all the business he can handle comfortably. Too much business is more likely to do a resin caster in than not enough business...

This scammer is back on ebay.His first profile name was - rdsxfan2-then was changed to - marksfreeshippingstore - now the BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAHing thief is back selling on ebay under the profile of - dami -alex.Dont buy off this scumbag,he is a conman

I ordered Rebel resin body from dami -alex via ebay. He sended item fast and resin cast quality is great. I don't think he is Kustom resin Mark because sender name is different and he lives in other state.

Last week Kustom resin sent me a message in facebook. He told about divorce and he did not have internet accaess to complete orders. Now he has set up his store again and he promised to send items that people have ordered. Hope he keeps his promises.

• 2 weeks later...

I do believe that AFX resin(AFX scale resin, etc.....) is back on ebay, now listing parts under seller name **buttercup2012** now, and list stuff that was her Ex-Husbands. I've been taken for a few bucks before by him(them), just putting the word out.

Edited by prostockmania