Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 plymouth promo

looking to create the #42 race car

Your best bet then is find a resin kit , IF ( key word ) you find a promo if avail and it's not warped you WILL pay thru the nose for it .

Unwarped cars of the acetate era demand big money compared to the usually warped commen cars. AFAIK , all promos from about 1963 and earlier were acetate . and 99% of the times they warped.

The biggest issue I've seen on the R & R Plymouth was fitting the front end up to the body. The last car I Fully restored just happened to have been a 1950 Plymouth 2dr sedan back in 1995. I mean to tell ya, finding parts was impossible . I wound up making the interior / engine sheet metal using what was left of the original pieces , photographs and a good amount of torch work. The Plymouth WILL nearly be as troublesome too. I go by the real car all the time .............

The R&R 50 Plymouth does have the parts to make a full car .. body, front and read bumpers/lights, interior with dash and undercarriage. You will need at a minimum wheels and to make windows. This photo shows all your get ...

50PlymouthResin_DSC9625.jpg