Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pocher 1/8 scale Volvo F12 Tractor

At 1/8 scale, this truck model is HUGE! ...... The pics had to be taken on my living-room rug.

I always find Pocher kits to be somewhat strange in that they're impressive and beautifully conceived, but usually only about 95% resolved, with a bunch of details that need to be modified to complete the models. I have the feeling that after months of development, someone in authority told the Pocher designers and molders that enough time had been spent...now get it out the door!

The main unresolved (factory-rushed?) issues with this model included the inside sleeper bunk (needed complete refinishing to fit), and the rigid front fender leading mudflap that completely restricts the tilting of the cab to reveal the diesel engine detail. I solved that one by adding a miniature piano style hinge where the leading mudflap joins the front fender.

Paint on this model is custom mixed automotive lacquer with Testors, Humbrol, and Tamiya small details.

I built this model a while ago from a kit bought decades ago for $140 at the Toledo Toy show....the build was completed in a 4 1/2 day/night marathon with absolutely no sleep...I couldn't stop!. That's the only time in my life that I've been so compelled to complete a model in one continuous session....not a healthy plan. If memory serves, I believe there were well over a thousand parts (plastic,metal, and rubber) including zillions of tiny fasteners..... the door latches operate, side windows go up and down, suspension springs are individual leaves, and the steering is realistic.

The finished model is protected by a custom made simple polycarbonate display case..... so large that it's difficult to carry through a doorway.

volvotrucke.jpg

volvotruckc.jpg

volvotruckg.jpg

volvotrucka.jpg

Edited by traditional

This looks great, I like the details you've added to this Truck model. Sometimes it's still possible to see these Volvo Trucks here, but it's quite rare anyway. Very cool build of rarely seen subject.

Put that into the right environment and shoot it from the proper angle and that could very easily pass for the real thing. Very nice!

Now how about a few shots of the engine?

Here are a few detail shots of the engine, tilt lock, rear suspension etc.

P4210085.jpg

P4210089.jpg

P4210088.jpg

P4210087.jpgP4210083.jpg

P4210086.jpg

Very nice!

I've never seen this kit built up. You really did a spectacular job. Like I said... shoot this outdoors at the right angle and it easily passes for the real deal.

Have you considered adding graphics or company markings? License plates?

Very nice!

I've never seen this kit built up. You really did a spectacular job. Like I said... shoot this outdoors at the right angle and it easily passes for the real deal.

Have you considered adding graphics or company markings? License plates?

Actually, Harry, for whatever reason, I prefer vehicles to look 'FOB the factory'....I guess it's the '1/1 car restorer' in me coming out in my models. I don't even weather my military models or trains anymore. Edited by traditional

Actually, Harry, for whatever reason, I prefer vehicles to look 'FOB the factory'....I guess it's the '1/1 car restorer' in me coming out in my models. I don't even weather my military models or trains anymore.

Good enough for me!

You did a beautiful job on it. B)

And the problem with that is ??????????

That made me LOL :lol:

But I was thinking the same as Chuck....For starters, I did not know these were available, yes, I'd LOVE to build one, but then I'd have no where to display it. :(

GREAT build BTW Clifford. :)

It really is a head-turner, and I'm sure, as Harry said, photograph it in the right environment...... ;) AWESOME ! :wub:

I was thinking the same as Chuck....For starters, I did not know these were available, yes, I'd LOVE to build one, but then I'd have no where to display it.

If you have deep enough pockets you can get one ...

http://www.ebay.com/...=item4d00914db0

Edited by old-hermit

Just to give you a sense of the size of this kit:

Screen-shot-2012-04-26-at-320.jpg

These things are HUGE... And I thought the Tamiya 1/14th scale rigs were big when pulling a trailer. Man you could sit on that flatbed and be towed around if it was self powered.

Where do you store or put this work of are to display it, since it is so big?

These things are HUGE... And I thought the Tamiya 1/14th scale rigs were big when pulling a trailer. Man you could sit on that flatbed and be towed around if it was self powered.

That's not me in the photo. It's just a picture I found on google to show how big that kit is.

• 8 months later...

There are a few crazy people on this earth that can even do this kit R/C.

Kostas.

• 4 weeks later...

Really nice kit and excellent execution. I have had several opportunities to purchase this kit at tempting prices over the years, but passed. In my opinion, the casting of the parts are not all that more detailed than the 1/24th scale Italeri Volvo F12. but what it lacks in the detail of individual parts in makes up the number of parts.

Again great additional detail!