Model Cars Magazine Forum

2015 Chevelle Concept now Under Glass

customsrus

Well I started looking at the hood on this build and it looks bad ( look at the first picture). Tried to fix but just looked worse to me. So I found another camaro hood and modified it to fit the chevelle body. I did use the front corners off the old hood, also had to add material to the sides for a better fit.

IMG_1045-vi.jpgIMG_1064-vi.jpg

IMG_1060-vi.jpgIMG_1065-vi.jpg

Edited by customsrus

great job!!!! can´t wait to see this ride finish!!!

I love checking on this build!!!!

By the way Mustangmodeler, that is a friend of mines car you have in your avatar! He call's it T-Mod. I'm sure you've done some reading on it, if not i can send you a link to his build thread on our 1:1 website (in case you wanna build a model of it!)

That's perfect mt dad had a 72 chevelle 4 dr when he was a young and nutty . Now he's older he's still nutty and wishes he still had his. He is hoping that the new one will have a nice classic look to it. You have done a fine job so far and keep the org lines.

When you put the lite units in the rear bumper did you put them in with the arc facing the front...

I put the camaro units in backwards so they would flow with the original arch of the rear bumper. I hope that the lenses will fit, if not I will make some new ones.

Edited by customsrus

Well finally got to do alittle work today. I got to work on the exhaust. Used the camaro exhaust pipes and added round tubing to the ends. Made some exhaust cutouts in the rear valance. Dont know if I like the round exhaust may change them to square tubing for a more modern look.

IMG_1074-vi.jpgIMG_1077-vi.jpg

IMG_1080-vi.jpgIMG_1082-vi.jpg

Well I did a little work, not much but a little. I redid the exhaust tips and made them square. I hope you guys like them. They may have to grow on me. I put a picture of the round exhaust to to compare. I also added a lip to the lower valance. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1074-vi.jpgIMG_1091-vi.jpg