Model Cars Magazine Forum

The truck is sold, but the pics are still up!

To update to 1984 specs the AMT kit would need the Ford lettering and "Gear and Lightning Bolt" emblem removed, the latter replaced by a Blue Oval. Widen the wheel openings slightly, and find a different powerplant- the 534 had been out of production for a couple of years by the time this one was built. The CAT V8 from the AMT Louisville would be a good choice- this one does have a 3208. I believe 1984 was the first year the C Series used the Blue Oval on the nose... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there.

http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?100429A/5476

Edited by Chuck Most

I believe 1984 was the first year the C Series used the Blue Oval on the nose... feel free to correct me if I'm wrong there.

http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?100429A/5476

Yeap Chuck you are so right on the year and thanks for this post cuz it does answer a few questions I have on the C model I am sorta kinda one of these days working on....and like Clayton said there is a lot of truck there for $660 .

The engine out of the Revell F250 / 350 would be an option for a gas powered rig. Ford replaced the smaller gas V-8s in the late 70s with a 370 cid V-8, the Super Duty was gone after 1981 and replaced with a 429 V-8s. These 2 engines were available until the end of production in 1990. Both are based on the 460 and externally should look about the same in 1/25.