Model Cars Magazine Forum

ROADSIDE ATTRACTION COOL PICTURES--YOUR OWN

It took a couple of days but I went through all 202 pages of this link. Definetly worth a look there are some great shots. This is one I thought you guys would like.

post-9652-0-47613600-1338514404_thumb.jp

G,day , i'm a member of a muscle car forum in the states and they started a page like this and i tell you it has pictures of everything . I think you guys will love what you see , here's the link . Cheer's scummy.

http://www.yenko.net...topics/313632/1

It took a couple of days but I went through all 202 pages of this link. Definetly worth a look there are some great shots. This is one I thought you guys would like.

post-9652-0-47613600-1338514404_thumb.jp

Am I seeing the Orange Crate parked in front of that dealership?

Joe, the limo makes sense! A giant rolling billboard! Doubles as daily transportation, saves money in the long run!

What's weird about this one, a couple summers ago there was a "working girl" (yea, that kind) that stopped in the store to look around and after she left the store, she walked across the lot and got into an older Cadillac limo. I showed these pics to a coworker who happened to be working that night too and immeadiatly recognized this Caddy as being very similar to the Caddy that working girl got into O-o

I need to get more old photos scanned. Since digital cameras became pocket size, I carry one everywhere I go.

Some older ones.

Old repair garage Garrettsville Oh.

SCAN0073-vi.jpg

Once the Buick Pontiac dealer, Garrettsville, Oh

BuickGarage-vi.jpg

SCAN0151-vi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

This is too good to let die. Here's some pics from my last two trips to eastern and western Nevada, and into northern California.

The first from a tiny town called Newcastle on I80 between Sacramento and Reno. This is in front of a gas station/garage owned for decades by a man named Al machado. My mother went to school with Al back in the 1920s and 1930s. When we would drive up that old Highway 40 we'd stop in at "Machado's" for gas or water or repairs. That was in the 1950's. Al passed away some years ago and the garage looked pretty delapidated, but apparently someone has fixed it up a bit and parked his cars there:

100_9586-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_9588-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

These next two are at a tiny old Pony Express station called Middlegate which sits at the intersection of Hwy 50 and Hwy 361, about 50 miles east of Fallon, NV.

100_9592-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_9593-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

From Goldfield, NV..a barely alive but once thriving gold mining town a couple hundred miles from any city of consequence:

100_9594-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_9595-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_9597-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

From a tiny "town" called Ursine, about 20+ miles east of Pioche, NV in the Eagle valley:

100_9541-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

100_9558-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

And, from the old mining town and seat of Lincoln County, Pioche, NV. In a long-closed garage waiting for one more call up:

100_9576-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by deja-view

Bishop Ca.

ChevyTrkBowling-vi.jpg

This was set up giving rides at a K-Mart in Phoenix a few years ago.

DSC02135-vi.jpg

Somewhere south of Lake Tahoe.

FordTruck-vi.jpg

This was parked behind my truck at a motel in Kansas

IMG_2954-vi.jpg

In the parking lot at a tractor show in Buckeye AZ.

IMG_3018-vi.jpg

A couple years ago while driving back roads in Utah I came around a corner and was greeted by this Diner...

5649929713_491edb2082_b.jpg

072410 Road Island Diner Oakley Utah 002 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr

Seems that is was purchased at auction and moved here from Rhode Island. The Diner has an incredible history, having been built for and shown at the '39 NY Worlds Fair. Size is 16' x 60'. You can read all about it here

5650504432_47f346db36_b.jpg

072410 Road Island Diner Oakley Utah 015 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr

5649945433_05e007ebf0_b.jpg

072410 Road Island Diner Oakley Utah 027 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr

See all the pics here or a slideshow here and if you're ready to build your own here's a plan...

7456815820_145e88f914_b.jpg

BluePrintDiner1500 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr

And I'll betcha they they great burgers and crinkle cut fries.

Unfortunately the food wasn't great, they don't get good reviews but the Diner is a visual treat.

Now if the owner would match the food quality to the Million Dollar restoration of the Diner he would draw people from great distances!

Here are a few I shot while camping last August. This is all part of an under construction out door museum in Molson, WA. They also have a museum set up in the old school building down the highway. They are still organizing things and trying to get more local stuff onto the property.

This is the Molson bank, it IS the original building, complete with teller stations, a walk it safe and all the tech of the time.

IMG-20110827-00160.jpg

These are just a couple shots of the NUMEROUS farm implements that are scattered throughout the area

IMG-20110827-00148.jpg

IMG-20110827-00146.jpg

I am not sure exactly what this does, but it looks vicious, it has a gas engine inside the spiked wheel to drive it.

IMG-20110827-00144.jpg

One if the original signs that used to be set up this side of the US/Canada border

IMG-20110827-00143.jpg

This is an abandoned home about a quarter mile from the museum on one of the back roads

IMG-20110827-00136.jpg

I will dig up more, I have TONS.

Ken, that's an M60A1 Patton as used by the Marine Corps. These were used for the last time in Gulf war 1. The marched on in the reserves for another 5 years or so.

G

Ah, yes. I should have noticed the barrel was different. I had a flatbed (lowboy) pass me opposite direction on 95 just south of Tonopah with a M1A1 on it. Those babies are WIDE.