Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 Shelby GT500 build...on hold for the moment.

brodie_83

Thanks man, I'm trying to get as realistic as I can without going too far and screwing it up.

An update...without pics for now...I think I'm gonna have Revell send me a new seat. I tried flocking the red inserts with red flocking to make it look like suede, but ended up looking more like crushed velvet or something out of a dumb lowrider. I left my camera downstairs, so I'll upload the pictures in a lil bit. I was very impressed with the masking job I did though...the black with red looked awesome! I think it'll be easier to order a new seat than to have it soak for a long time in Dawn Power Dissolver. Oh well. Now I know that I need to get more of that cheap flat black from Kmart because it had the perfect sheen of leather, and also need to get a flat red. I used gloss simply because I was flocking over it and laying down a layer of flat clear with a brush before flocking so it had something to stick to. Oh well...worse things have happened I guess.

Hey Brodie,

looks like the Mustang is coming along nice. Cant wait to see it finished. Congrats on the Lil red express. Those are a nice kit. Ive had mine for about 5 yrs now. goodluck with your builds.

Sorry for not uploading the pics of the one seat lastnight...I was way too tired. Again, I really love the black with the red inserts...I just need to keep them painted and not flock the inserts. It was something I wanted to try, but ended up looking like garbage. Here's the pics:

001-1.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

007-3.jpg

And with the flocking...ick!

009-3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Bump any updates? I just got my GT500 today thanks Hobby Lobby 40% off. Pretty simple kit Revell could have done a much better job. Lots of stuff to research to make better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...