Model Cars Magazine Forum

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN: Presenting my Cayman S

ismaelg

Hello,

YAWN!!!! Yes, another boring factory stock modern sports car.... :wink:

Fujimi kit. Box stock build with added seatbelts, exhaust heat insulation, oil filter decal, wheel valve stems, cargo net, local license plate and emissions inspection sticker. As a personal touch I added a magazine and a book inside.

Cobra Colors Giallo Midas paint (The closest I had to Porsche Speed yellow), custom mix light cocoa (chocolate brown) interior. The underside was painted to simulate having some of the covers off.

DSCF5895b.jpg

DSCF5905b.jpg

DSCF5900b.jpg

DSCF5894b.jpg

DSCF5918b.jpg

DSCF5902b.jpg

As a personal touch I added a Road and Track magazine under the cargo net and a book on top of it.

DSCF5931b.jpg

DSCF5912b.jpg

More details here:

http://www.puertoriconet.com/images/cayman/

Thanks for looking and as always your comments are welcome....

Holy ca,ca,ca,ca,cow!..This is one of you top ten indeed. A real example of how a nice & clean model should be. Not just at the top, the underneath it's also as impresive as the shiny paint job.

Simon Rivera

Porsches are not really my cup of tea, but I sure appreciate any nicely built model. This is as clean as they come, and it actually looks like the real thing in some of the pictures! 8)

And I wish you could get nice, realistic headlights and taillights like that with American kits, that's a feature that really sets it off.

Thank you all for your nice comments! Glad to see such a good reaction considering that the subject is not exactly the cup of tea of many in this modeling community.

Robert: Yes, yellow is a tough color to work with, but automotive lacquer helps a lot. I wouldn't even think of trying it with hobby enamels!

Thanks,

• 2 months later...