Model Cars Magazine Forum

BRICK GARAGE FRONT,

bpletcher55

THIS WAS MADE FROM FOAM BACKER BORED FOR POSTERS ,I CARVED EACH BRICK AND PAINTED THEM ,THEN WEATHERED THEM,EVERY THING IS SCRATCH BUILT,I,M GOING TO DO A COMPLETE GARAGE THE SAME WAY SO IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME,THERE ARE 2000 BRICKS IN THE ONE HERE,

Hi Blair, Awesome work on this... I'm in the middle of making preparations to do my own diorama and would like to know how you went about weathering the bricks... they look absolutely real and would love to know your technique.

Here are some tests that I've tried. I too used a piece of foam board with the paper torn off of one side. I then measured and carved the lines for the bricks and painted them. I used acrylic paint.

HLQZsti.jpg

I was thinking the pattern on the far left but I'm still undecided. Any help would be appreciated thanks!

Edited by Rusty Sierra

RUSTY ,LIKE THE NAME! ,I USE THE WATER BASE PAINTS THAT YOU CAN BUY AT ANY ARTS/CRAFT STORE EVEN WALLMART HAS THEM ,THAT IS THE ONLY PAINTS I USE, I GOT MINE AT MICHEALS ,JUST A LOT OF DIFFERENT SHADES OF BROWNS AND REDS AND RUST COLORS, TRY BRUSH IT ON THEN I USED CHALK ALIGHT TAN COLOR DUSTED ON AND SPRED WITH A TRY BRUSH AND BLOW OFF WHAT YOU DONT WANT,I HOPE THIS HELPS,

• 2 weeks later...