Model Cars Magazine Forum

1936 MG SA Saloon

kennb

Sending this one to the garage,,,,,,,underglass....I will let it set for a few days before the last few things get done and I figure out how to make the light lenses,,,,,,, :P

DSCN4078_zpsf53d05de.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed the build on this one,,,,,,,,,,,,,the next big project is to finish uncle Bills Brewster,,,another long build.............. B)

Kenn :)

Headlight lenses? Go to a crafts store and look for a bag of "Googly Eyes" in the Big Pack with a bunch of different sizes for adding eyes to teddy bears, dolls, etc. They have clear, subtly convex facings, with little black eyeballs inside. My bag is by Creative Hands from Hobby Lobby here. Don't know what's available in the UK, but there must be products that are the same or similar.

Here are some from Amazon UK called Wiggly Wobbly

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Black-White-Wiggly-Wobbly-Googly/dp/B002R5J2C8

Of course, that's for a car with convex headlights. An MG of that vintage may have flat lenses, so you'd just use clear styrene sheet and cut it out.

Thinking about it overall, if I were in your position, I would have started my scratchbuilding at 1/16 scale, providing the ability to get parts from existing kits such as the Entex/Minicraft/etc Jaguar SS100 and MG TC as a source for headlights, tires, levers, etc.

Edited by sjordan2