Model Cars Magazine Forum

60 STARLINER

brett

• 3 weeks later...

thanks Jeffrey :) , seems to be taking forever to get anything done, but have made a little progress. Couldn't find a later model ford race engine so I built a bbc for it

DSCF0871.jpg

then remembered I had 2 Glidden thunderbird pro stock kits

DSCF0872.jpg

got to wire and plumb it up for nitrous now. Had to modify the chassis a little to fit the wheelbase (the middle one)

DSCF0875.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

and a quick mock up

DSCF0879.jpg

DSCF0880.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any progress Brett ??

First off thanks guys, and to answer your question Dave, no. Dont know how much longer mums going to be around so have her as my first priority so apart from a quick box stock Revell merc and a little work on the funnycar decals I havent seen much bench time at all. Been buying though :) (see what did you get thread)

1st off thanks guys, 2ndly questions, questions, questions :D , Held up a pro sportsman chassis and measured how much needed to be removed at the rear to fit the floor. Guessed/ eyeballed how much need to come out of the frontal width to set the tyres in an acceptable place (remember at this stage the wheelbase of the chassis is too short for the body of this car). The hardest part is getting the lines straight from the back of the car to the front while going over the roof as the masking tape likes to grab where ever it touches. so again eyeballing to my rescue lol. I'm actually not particularly happy with the paint or at least the flame striping but thanks again. The scoop came from a resin 63 vette from ebay that will be supercharged, one day. I'm amassing quite a collection of resin doorslammer bodies that I'll get stuck into soon, check out my SWC pro extreme if you want to see more but its a few pages back now