Model Cars Magazine Forum

some sort of rod (i guess)

diymirage

hey guys

here is the introduction to my newest WIP

its some sort of rod though im not sure on the exact term, street or rad rod or something (not really my cup of tea but why not)

the whole idea came to life when i picked up the main body in europe for 9,95 euros (a revell of germany kit)

its a great car but slightly boring OOB and ive been wating for a way to harvest the driveline out of it for a muscle car

well, it finally came to me, ill make it into a rod of some sort

after scowering through the partskit i found a 32 ford frame that i will need to Z to make the body sit right but it had both axles so it will do the trick

i havent figured out rolling stock yet but im thinking this might be a good chance to unload some of those hideous centerlines they put in every muscle car kit

(if only i had some wide white walls for the rear)

since this project wont have a hood on it (though i will build a grille for it) it will be perfect for the 392 firedome i build ages ago that come in the modified stockers ford truck

heres a shot of the firepower :rolleyes:

th_IMG00029-20091129-1943.jpg

th_IMG00028-20091129-1942.jpg

Really not my cup of tea, but to keep with the late-model Mopar theme, maybe you can put a Plymouth Prowler grille to finish out the front.

that thought has crossed my mind too, maybe not the entire grill but definatly the fenders

i started this build mainly so i could free up the driveline from the viper and this looked like a good idea

got a little work done today

fixed up the rolling stock, worked on the frame and made up a front grille for it

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzEtMjAxMTAyMDYtMjIwMC5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzMtMjAxMTAyMDYtMjIwMS5qcGc.jpg

th_utf-8BSU1HMDAxNzItMjAxMTAyMDYtMjIwMC5qcGc.jpg

the grille is made out of the front fenders of the 32 ford

i vaguely remember seeing a section on this on sesame street by this feller right here

th_count-dracula.jpg

im not pleased with how far the wheels stick out but those are the tires i wanted and i dont really wanny fix it...maybe ill slap on some fenderextenders