Model Cars Magazine Forum

'57 SUPER GAS VETTE

RAT-T

1/16 '57 CORVETTE

THIS STARTED OUT AS A GLUE BOMB I GOT FROM EBAY,

misc001_zpscdc5f6ef.jpg

AFTER CUTTING THE CHASSIS AWAY FROM THE BODY & THE DOOR PANELS, I WAS ABLE TO GLUE THE DOOR SKINS BACK ON & SCRATCHED A COVER FOR THE TOP

MORESTUFF008_zps29f088cf.jpg

HAD TO ORDER SOME ROD TO START THE CHASSIS, HOPE TO HAVE MORE IN A FEW DAYS, HERE'S A EARLY MOCK UP

MORESTUFF009_zpsa99d213a.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN

Edited by RAT-T

tom, if you want to build a custom chassis for this. you can check out chris alston's chassis works site. they have pics of all of there chassis available. there are no dimensions on them but with a little math you can blow them up to the appropriate size. if you need any help just yell.

by the way, looks like your off to a very good start.

THANKS SCOTT, I HAVE YOUR WEBSITE SAVED, BUT HAVEN'T LOOKED THROUGH IT YET, DO YOU OFFER DIFF'S & STRUT KIT'S IN 1/16?

HI DAVE, FUNNY YOU SAY THAT, TED BOWE SENT ME A LINK TO CHRIS ALSTON'S SITE THE SAME TIME HE WAS HELPING ME WITH THE RULE BOOK. (THANKS AGAIN TED) YEAH, THAT SITE IS PRETTY COOL DAVE, EVEN WHEN YOU BLOW UP THE IMAGE, IT'S NICE & CLEAR SO YOU CAN PRINT IT.

THANKS FOR THE OFFER TO HELP OUT DAVE, IF YOU REMEMBER, I MAINLY USE TO LIKE THE OLD GASSER & ALTERED'S (& STILL DO) BUT SEEM TO HAVE A NEW FOUND APPEAL FOR THE PRESENT CLASS DRAG SUBJECTS, FROM WATCHING YOU, JOE, TYRONE & CHRIS, I'VE REALLY HAVE LEARN A LOT IN JUST THE PAST MONTH OR SO. SO THANKS AGAIN GUY'S :D

Tom this is looking great so far and I will be following along for sure. That stance looks great. I have some pics of a couple super gas chassis's I took at the drags here at Firebird raceway when they were holding the NHRA national event. Sone.builder had them on display and I couldnt resist since I was looking for.that reference material lol. i cant remember if the pics were from last year or the year before. let me know if you'd like a few. I have been planning on doing a 1/16th scale Super Gas '63 Vette myself. I can't wait to see more of this project.

Tom,

I don't have struts or rear end components as of now. I'm going to investigate making a multi-media strut front end and I've had hopes for a long time of making a pro mod style Strange Ultra-4 Link housing but that's only in the drawing stage right now. The struts will be a much more straight-forward project than the Strange rear. I am going to have brake rotors, brackets and tabs, an assortment of levers, some NOS bottle mounts and hopefully a transmission one of these times that will all be 1/16th scale.

THANKS CHRIS,

YEAH, POST THE CHASSIS PICS HERE IF YOU WANT, OR I CAN GIVE YOU MY EMAIL ADDRESS.

I THINK THESE CARS ARE COOL AS HELL, BUT WATCHING THEM ON YOUTUBE WAS LIKE WATCHING PAINT DRY :) I THINK YOU HAVE TO SEE THEM IN PERSON TO APPRECIATE THEM

HI SCOTT, THANKS FOR THE INFO, I'VE GOT A FEW MORE 1/16 KITS THAT THOSE PARTS WILL GO GREAT ON WHEN THEIR AVAILABLE

Hello Tom.... I couldn't agree more with you that these cars are so Dang cool. I have been wanting to build one in 1/16th scale for the past 2 years. Here are a few chassis shots for you. PM me your email addy and I will send over all the pics I have of these two chassis. I have about 20 pics total I took when I saw these on display. Wish I would of taken even more anyway here they are....

Picture402-1.jpg

Picture404-1.jpg

Picture412-1.jpg

Here is one for some inspiration ;)

Picture429-1.jpg

THANKS FOR THE PICS CHRIS, PM SENT.

YOU DON'T SEE THAT MANY CLOSE UP SHOTS OF A BARE CHASSIS ON THE NET, THESE WILL BE HELPFUL.

THE INSPIRATION PIC IS COOL! I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THE MAIN COLOR ON THIS BLACK, BUT I'M NOT SURE MY BODYWORK WOULD MATCH UP TO THAT :rolleyes::D

• 1 month later...