Model Cars Magazine Forum

Accurate Miniatures ILYUSHIN IL-2 Done !

Airplane is perhaps better known by the name STORMOVIC. It is 1/48 scale and I do plan on building it in the winter scheme and with the skis. Will have a grey underside and a white top. I will put it on a snow covered base. Wanting to build something other than a car .

plane002_zps64ccb8f5.jpg

Edited by cobraman

...Wanting to build something other than a car .

I can relate to that. And a side effect is that it may renew your passion for car models in the process. Not to mention learning a TON of valuable techniques that you may not pick up doing cars.

Looking forward to seeing your progress. ;)

Hey guys, made a little progress on this kit. I have the cockpit interior pretty much done just some touch ups to do. I took some liberties with the colors that were called for as I did not have the exact ones. Hopefully they are close. No pinks or purples ! : )

plane2001_zps7d80ae99.jpg

plane2002_zps7ebc5a96.jpg

Detail is pretty good. I should be done in a couple days. Planes have never been an easy build for me and this one is no exception. I had trouble getting the wings to fit right and tight. Also painting the canopy is well, lets just say leaves a lot to be desired. I had considered not even showing pics when I am done but I will. It could be a good example of what not to do. : )

Also painting the canopy is well, lets just say leaves a lot to be desired. I had considered not even showing pics when I am done but I will. It could be a good example of what not to do. : )

Canopy masks! They do a model good. I wouldn't even dream of doing things the old fashioned way any more.

http://www.bnamodelworld.com/montex/mon-k48149

Ok, here it is for good or bad. (mostly bad ) Had not built a plane in awhile and had some problems as you can see. Did the best that I could and it is what it is as they say. I don't believe I will be building another plane anytime soon. : )

plane004_zpsd5ccfe9c.jpg

plane003_zps0f62a2fb.jpg

plane002_zps5ae61ee0.jpg

plane001_zps25088db4.jpg