Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Olds Delta 88

Guest Mustang3.8

Guest Mustang3.8

Hey, y'all.

I just made a major resin score. My good buddy at R&R resins has came through for me, and got me a resin 1971 Olds Delta 88. Here's some pictures of a 1:1 car. I will be building mine as a lowrider.

Edited by Mustang3.8

Hey , I would settle for a 1969 Delta 88 Convertable . I used to own one should have never sold it as they were kinda rare ! also , It was reliable as opposed to a lot of the newer Generic Motas stuff and waaaaaay mo classsss too Yahear that George ????? Ed Shaver

Guest Mustang3.8

Thanks, guys. For the paint job, I'm thinkin' a Metallic Gold base coat with a Red Metal Flake top coat, and a brown vinyal top. I thinkin' of calling this car "Delta Dawn".

Guest Mustang3.8

At first, I did not know it was first made by AAM. One kit I really want is the AAM 1977 Ford LTD, but only 10 were made and they have gone for BIG money.

Thanks a TON,Steve.I have the 71 Riv, and the 70 Chrysler 300. Yeah they both don't come NEAR what Art used to do, As I do have a few AAM models I got years ago. Please don't get me wrong, they ARE nice kits, but you need ta do alot of clean-up on both of them, nothing hard, just general cleaning up of window openings, wheelwells,you know, stuff that Art used to do BEFORE he sold 'em. BOTH kits do build up well though, I must say. I'll check with Steve over at Resin Realm/Star models to see if he has any more of them Old's, ya just gotta love them big ol boats! :D:lol:

I had a 75 as my first car. I loved it. I had a friend with some automotive skills and we put some time and money into that Olds 350. It had a nice growl when we were done. I miss it. I'd love to find another.

My dad has a 75 Cutlass Salon. I think it's a 75... It was and still is his favorite car ever. He said he could drive it anywhere, rode like it was on the clouds and got great gas mileage. I remember him taking me to school in it in the late 80s. I never got to sit in the front seat because I was too young and it was parked before I got big enough. The Cutlass has been sitting for, man... close to 20 years. I doubt he'd ever think of selling it, but I can ask him if you are interested. I have plans on restoring it for him someday, along with his 68 Chevelle Convertible. But we'll see! Sorry to hijack!

Guest Mustang3.8
My dad has a 75 Cutlass Salon. I think it's a 75... It was and still is his favorite car ever. He said he could drive it anywhere, rode like it was on the clouds and got great gas mileage. I remember him taking me to school in it in the late 80s. I never got to sit in the front seat because I was too young and it was parked before I got big enough. The Cutlass has been sitting for, man... close to 20 years. I doubt he'd ever think of selling it, but I can ask him if you are interested. I have plans on restoring it for him someday, along with his 68 Chevelle Convertible. But we'll see! Sorry to hijack!

No need to say sorry, Ryan. I like that story. I'd like to see pictures of it. It sounds like a great car. My mom owned an '87 cutlass Supreme Broughmn.

Guest Mustang3.8

I will be doing a WIP on it here. Oh, and Ryan, those are both really great lookin' cars.

Edited by Mustang3.8

I have the AAM '71 Olds 88 and '71 Riviera in my unbuilt stash. I have a bunch of R&Rs to build eventually, mostly '59-65 GMs ('59 Olds 88 convertible, '62 Olds Starfire, '65 Cutlass) and Mopars ('67 Dodge Polara, '68 Sport Fury, '70 Chrysler 300). Lots of work needed, but they do have some unique subjects....

Guest Mustang3.8
I have the AAM '71 Olds 88 and '71 Riviera in my unbuilt stash. I have a bunch of R&Rs to build eventually, mostly '59-65 GMs ('59 Olds 88 convertible, '62 Olds Starfire, '65 Cutlass) and Mopars ('67 Dodge Polara, '68 Sport Fury, '70 Chrysler 300). Lots of work needed, but they do have some unique subjects....

i also have the '71 Riviera and '70 Chrysler 300. I built it as a 300H.

Guest Mustang3.8

I just got an email from Steve Kohler. He got my M/O today, and will be shipping the car out tommorow. Hey Rob, can you post some pics of your '71 Delta on here?

Edited by Mustang3.8

I just got an email from Steve Kohler. He got my M/O today, and will be shipping the car out tommorow. Hey Rob, can you post some pics of your '71 Delta on here?

I would, but it's unbuilt and boxed up with the rest of my collection, 900 miles away.. B) I believe someone did post pics of a built up one somewhere on here in the last 6 months, though.

Here are some pics of an absolutely gorgeous '71 Olds made by Juha Airio of Finland!

I don't know if he made this on his own or used the AAM kit. :rolleyes:

P5090562-vi.jpg

P5090563-vi.jpg

fe90f57fjpgorigor-vi.jpg

fe90f5b9jpgorigor-vi.jpgJuha_olds1-vi.jpg

fe90f678jpgorigor-vi.jpgfe90f5d7jpgorigor-vi.jpgfe90f5cfjpgorigor-vi.jpg

I love how he does his glass..............nice and clean with clear stencil sheet.

Just the way I like it! :lol:

Guest Mustang3.8

That is truely a gorgeous build. What do you think he used for a donor chassis? Anyone know where I can find a 455 Rocket engine?

That is truely a gorgeous build. What do you think he used for a donor chassis? Anyone know where I can find a 455 Rocket engine?

Probably the same year Impala kit for a chassis and the Johan 70 442, AMT 69 442 or Hurst/Olds kits have big block Olds engines.

;) Hi guys I got my 71 Olds today and it,s a great kit.I think it,s as close to a modelhaus kit as you can come.I looked up the wheelbaseand in 71 Olds used 124" I tryed the 70 Impala the 70 Buick and 66 Buick and the 70 Pontiac bonny and so far they all drop right in.The Impala has the best detale.The Olds has the firewall molded right in and the detale on the hole kit is great the only thing is the glass but I think I can work that out.Rick C. B)