Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gratuitous...? Hell YES! God bless Mopar!

Who was it that said,"Too much of ________ (fill in the blank) is wonderful."? It seems right to see a Dodge/Mopar product doing something as politically incorrect and primitive as these burn outs. Obliviously the guys at Fiat understand American muscle. This is a good thing.

Scott

Who was it that said,"Too much of ________ (fill in the blank) is wonderful."? It seems right to see a Dodge/Mopar product doing something as politically incorrect and primitive as these burn outs. Obliviously the guys at Fiat understand American muscle. This is a good thing.

Scott

"Too much of a good thing is wonderful"? I think either Mae West or Liberace. :lol:

Just makes me laugh that everyone thinks this car will be a world beater with 707 hp. Most forget it's almost 4500 lbs. don't get me wrong. I will very likely get one as it's a bad habit for me.

Far from it. I don't think it's a World beater, but neither is the Mustang or Corvette or Camaro. There are way too many foreign exotics such as any Lambo, Ferrari, Pagani, Bugatti, Mercs etc that will cream any of the "big 3s " best. Yes they cost waaaaaay more than the big 3s, but they're waaaay better in every sense of the word - better. But your everyday guy doesn't have a few million to spend on them. The Mopars/Chevys/Fords are great value for money. That's the point.

I posted the video because that noise... That beautiful, brutal noise.... 707hp of Supercharged Hemi brutality! Not to brag. Not to say it's a world beater. Just so others could hear that sweet noise. It's the only way I'll ever get to hear it because Dodge doesn't sell them here in Australia. Such a pity.

There is something truely fantastic about the sound of any of the high powered American V-8's, no matter if it leaves a factory here in the States or down there in Austraila. I was playing Forza 4 some last night and driving a Holden HSV W427 (in under describing it, a Z06 engined Pontiac G8) on there and it was just such a nasty sounding, tail happy, tire smoke generating monster :D Couple times I got some good drifing scores just trying to get it around corners too :P