Model Cars Magazine Forum

custom international transtar

this is my custom international, this is my idea of what i would want this truck to look like for a show truck not a work or OTR truck. although it is a work in progress still i have done tons of work to alter the look of this truck...

removed rivits and mold lines primer with 3 in stretch on the frame

20130818_112704_resized_1_zps84610ed7.jp

Wood grain dash

20130817_223626_resized_1_zpsc3422868.jp

57 chevy fender mach up

20130825_134958_zpsf114ea8c.jpg

cab and fender drop

20130901_010418_zps6fa08412.jpg

also you can hardly see and i will get more pics when i get the frame painted but i channeled the cab and dropped the front of frame to lower the hood mounts

20130901_192448_zps48bbd6ee.jpg

20130901_192248_zps6b6ec926.jpg

thats my progress so far, thank you for looking plz no nasty comments, justin

Hey goodwin, glad to see you found a home for this thing,----- ha-ha.

regards radish

yeah i guess i did. i didn't realize that the other site was a OTR truck sight and didn't lean toward the out of the box style of thinking for show trucks. no offense, im just one of the types of builders that likes a different take on things that others haven't done. i used to go to a truck show every year held by chrome shop mafia and people there had done intense mods to their rigs and i liked it so that's why i do what i do...

i see that its going to be a daycab too

yeah i haven't done one so i thought i would give it a shot

I'm used to the general mean, hard-ass attitude on 99% of forums out there. No matter what you say, everyone has to be a tough guy lol.

I haven't seen that demeanor on this forum at all. This is supposed to be a relaxing, enjoyable hobby. If you want to put Strawberry Shortcake stickers on your build, go for it lol!

But whether or not this build is out of the norm or whatever, looks like you've already got some fans bro! :) I personally think it's going to be sweet when done. I'm building a stock 4300 as my first build ever, and can only hope to develop the skills to scratch build or mock up custom parts as I get better at this stuff.

Love the truck. VERY VERY clever!

Strawberry shortcake stickers huh? Hmmmmm.....

I used to do model trains with the rivet counter crowd. And then I made the "Pac Man" train in which I shortened every cary to about 1/3 its normal length and would run double speed. Most loved it. The rivet counters? Well.... And note the "used too".

And which do you suppose planted a seed for up and comers to enter the hobby and would "stick" with them?

The long forgotten addage "If you cant say something nice, say nothing at all" seems to still prevail here.

It IS such great place to get suggestions and encouragement instead of going before a firing squad.

Dont mean to get philosophical but more to praise those here on this forum.

that is looking great, and I too love the fender treatment. how will the interior tub be effected by the channel job? a lot or? just asking as I have no idea.

keep plugging away, looks great.

it wasnt affected to much. on the bottom of the interior floor pans were the cab mounts that set the cab roughly 1/8th off of the frame. i removed those and sat the cab 2/16ths further down and the rest is cab skirts. So with that said i only have to remove 2/16ths off of the bottom of the door panels and the panel that goes at the back of the cab. ill post pics when i get to it haha

Love the truck. VERY VERY clever!

Strawberry shortcake stickers huh? Hmmmmm.....

I used to do model trains with the rivet counter crowd. And then I made the "Pac Man" train in which I shortened every cary to about 1/3 its normal length and would run double speed. Most loved it. The rivet counters? Well.... And note the "used too".

And which do you suppose planted a seed for up and comers to enter the hobby and would "stick" with them?

The long forgotten addage "If you cant say something nice, say nothing at all" seems to still prevail here.

It IS such great place to get suggestions and encouragement instead of going before a firing squad.

Dont mean to get philosophical but more to praise those here on this forum.

i agree and thank you