Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Revell '70 Plymouth HEMI 'Cuda 2'n1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I'll go there. We all saw pics of the early mock-ups way back when, and while the models weren't perfect, it didn't look like there were a whole lot of things that Revell would need to fix. Despite that, we're still stuck playing the wait-n-see game as far as a realistic release date goes. Maybe this summer, maybe not. Casey's probably right about September.

I keep thinking about that former member who was data-gathering for Aoshima regarding the prospect of issuing a '70 'Cuda of their own. He claimed they could have theirs on the market well before Revell's got released. I'm kinda wishing they had tried...

From what I was told Revell wants this one to be right so they are taking the time to make sure it is. And the person from Revell told me on the phone that they have someone with a Cuda of that year and have talked to a few cuda owners so lets hope that they have did this one right third time the charm??

• 2 weeks later...

With out a doubt. We can only hope that the minds at Revell figure this one out.

I'd be willing to bet they already have it planned as a future release. Looking at the layout of the sprues in the parts board pics, they have really set it up to allow for a lot of flexibility as far as future variants are concerned. :)

I'm still lookin forward to this one, even though I have two of each, the 70 and 71 MPC Cuda's. It will be interesting to compare, AND they'll be done with up to date technology, so I won't have to gut an cut anymore B- Bodies just to get their chassis and engine compartments! Oh yeah you betta believe I'm waitin on THIS one!!!

Plus the area circled is to tall and should flow back into the rear of the hood more and not be so big shouldered

Now, That said if it comes out exacly the way it looks right now even with it's flaws ,,,,,,I'll still do the happy dance

revell-cuda.jpg

Edited by gtx6970

That standard ( non-Shaker ) hood looks like it'd be a cool custom piece , especially with some creative bold-stripe decals or painting !

The sides of the body look a little too tall to me . Not "slab-sided" , just too tall .

Perhaps it's just the combination of the monochrome kit and convention hall lighting which create an illusion ? I'm loving the separate wipers , the nicely rounded windshield surround , the interior (what I can see of it) and its options . I just hope that the tail lights are moulded clear and not chrome or red !

I would also like to see the trim rings and centre caps moulded separate from the Rallye Wheels :D .

1) I just hope that the tail lights are moulded clear and not chrome or red !

2) I would also like to see the trim rings and centre caps moulded separate from the Rallye Wheels :D .

1) My pics aren't all that good, but you can see the basic shape of the tail light and reverse light bezel at the lower left in this pic:

IMG_1171.jpg

I am assuming Revell will not include include clear red lenses for the brake/tail lights, and I don't see any clear lenses for the backup lenses. I don't think they could mold the bezels as separate pieces (too fragile/thin), though:

70CudaLenses2.jpg

Plus the area circled is to tall and should flow back into the rear of the hood more and not be so big shouldered

Now, That said if it comes out exacly the way it looks right now even with it's flaws ,,,,,,I'll still do the happy dance

revell-cuda.jpg

I made the same comment back when this thread began and everyone told me I was wrong.......

1) My pics aren't all that good, but you can see the basic shape of the tail light and reverse light bezel at the lower left in this pic:

IMG_1171.jpg

I am assuming Revell will not include include clear red lenses for the brake/tail lights, and I don't see any clear lenses for the backup lenses. I don't think they could mold the bezels as separate pieces (too fragile/thin), though:

70CudaLenses2.jpg

I hope that Revell "sees the 'light'" ,and that they move the lenses to the clear parts tree ... Please ! Even the ill-fated 1970 AAR 'Cuda ---in both iterations , 1994 and 2008--- had clear lenses !

Isn't the Toledo show in Nov ? or is it October ( been a while since I was there ) But I am actually thinking about going this year just for giggles

might be a good show for it to debut, since thats where it was announced

Edited by gtx6970