Model Cars Magazine Forum

I think I figured it out. If I can afford the sheet plastic I think I'm going to scratch a wrecker body for mine. I've got some 3D Printed chain hooks on the way. I found a single hook online in open domain, so I copied it into a group, and made a sprue, and are having them printed up. I'd offer them up for sale but since I didn't create them, I'm can't do so in good conscience.

Edited by fantacmet

A Mack AC mixer would be cool. What mixer would you use? As far as I know there are no 1920s era mixers on the market.

Here is one that Jeff Harper did a couple of years ago. Typical of the type of mixers that were used on the constrution of Boulder (Hoover) dam out on the Arizona/Nevada border.

Jeffs%20AP24%20Walt%20and%20Zeb_zpsi8tf6

Jeffs%20AP25_zpsvekhxdcg.jpg

Edited by Chariots of Fire

I should have said the mixer is on an AP chassis, not an AC chassis. It has a 6 cylinder engine instead of a four. These trucks had Westinghouse air brakes all around and pneumatic tires on front but hard rubbers on the back because of the weight. Originally the chassis were made as off road dump trucks that could carry 14 to 16 tons of rock and soil, a lot for their day.

I think I'm gonna jump into this build, but it won't be head on until later on this year, but I'm curious, does anyone know if the dm600 chassis would be appropriate for a B67?

I dont think the frame would spread out at the engine on the B model. I think its straight rails. Other than that I think the suspension is close enough. I built a B-81 mixer on a DM800 chassis years ago and it worked fine. Ive used the AITM chassis kits as well, and that makes it VERY easy.

I dont think the frame would spread out at the engine on the B model. I think its straight rails. Other than that I think the suspension is close enough. I built a B-81 mixer on a DM800 chassis years ago and it worked fine. Ive used the AITM chassis kits as well, and that makes it VERY easy.

how easy was it to remove the "engine" from the AITM frame rail?